• Advertisement

Quest 10 Castle of Mystery Poll

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Quest 10 Castle of Myster, is it "Special"?

Poll ended at Monday August 10th, 2015 7:55pm

Yes, it is different from all of the other Quests
100%
No, it is just another Quest
No votes
Haven't played it yet. No opinion.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Quest 10 Castle of Mystery Poll

Postby knightkrawler » Friday August 7th, 2015 3:05pm

Decipher wrote:The thing with this quest is the players can rack up on some serious cash and treasure after they kill all the monsters because there are no wondering monster, just hazards. It's not 5000 gp, but the players should be able to get everything in the treasure deck.

And as such, the quest seriously overpowers the heroes, taking steam from KK and RotWL. They shouldn't be maxed out on equipment for the Witchlord Trilogy (quest 12-14) so that the Spirit Sword packs some uniqueness and artifactery.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Decipher » Friday August 7th, 2015 3:30pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Decipher wrote:The thing with this quest is the players can rack up on some serious cash and treasure after they kill all the monsters because there are no wondering monster, just hazards. It's not 5000 gp, but the players should be able to get everything in the treasure deck.

And as such, the quest seriously overpowers the heroes, taking steam from KK and RotWL. They shouldn't be maxed out on equipment for the Witchlord Trilogy (quest 12-14) so that the Spirit Sword packs some uniqueness and artifactery.

True but you could always do a wondering monster bump up to take some of that loot in the next 4 quests.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Friday August 7th, 2015 7:40pm

Decipher wrote:True but you could always do a wondering monster bump up to take some of that loot in the next 4 quests.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » Friday August 7th, 2015 7:56pm

But if you increase wandering monsters in future quests just to deplete their resources...then what good did having resources do for the heroes? What joy is there in being a wealthy adventurer?
If I am playing in your game and I figure out your paradigm, it would be better for me to go into every dungeon with just the base Hero card and no upgrades...You will scale the challenges to my hero and Basic is the safest.

I say if the gods favor them with vast wealth, let them have it without issue. What I like to do is mock them when they have a rich hero bite the bullet. "Why I bet you wish you had sunk all your cash into that case of Military Grade Healing potions don't ya?" "How is all that gold spending in Hero Heaven?"
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » Friday August 7th, 2015 8:51pm

cynthialee wrote:But if you increase wandering monsters in future quests just to deplete their resources...then what good did having resources do for the heroes? What joy is there in being a wealthy adventurer?
If I am playing in your game and I figure out your paradigm, it would be better for me to go into every dungeon with just the base Hero card and no upgrades...You will scale the challenges to my hero and Basic is the safest.

I say if the gods favor them with vast wealth, let them have it without issue. What I like to do is mock them when they have a rich hero bite the bullet. "Why I bet you wish you had sunk all your cash into that case of Military Grade Healing potions don't ya?" "How is all that gold spending in Hero Heaven?"

With the 10th quest, the characters can get loot heavy if they play the quest to their advantage which is going to allow them to breeze through the next four quests easily if they manage to get every treasure card. Like knightkrawler said, you don't want them going into KK too powerful. Most players get frustrated by the middle part of the quest and usually just want to complete it and leave so they dont care about searching for treasure.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Friday August 7th, 2015 9:39pm

Fortuitous loot finds are the back bone of so many fantasy stories.
It is the loot from the beginning of the story that makes the hero the power house he is.
If the Heroes can walk into KK with a pocket full of heals, crossbows and long swords, chain and shields...rock on. They are going to need it deep in the dungeon.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Count Mohawk » Friday August 7th, 2015 9:51pm

KK can be played as a series, which means no shopping between Quests. Ergo, the Heroes will want as many potions as they can afford... just in case!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » Friday August 7th, 2015 10:20pm

Count Mohawk wrote:KK can be played as a series, which means no shopping between Quests. Ergo, the Heroes will want as many potions as they can afford... just in case!

I've never gotten into KK with a group as of yet. I have glanced though it a bunch of times. I just always worry about unbalancing the next quest.

Rewards:
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Game Systems