• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for PC?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Heroquest for PC?

Postby Bumbles » June 4th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Hello everyone,
I just joined and am looking forward to discussing HQ with all you guys.
The thing that brings me here is - I was playing HQ on PC via some downloads I found a while back. I was trying to find out who created it, etc. so I could ask them a question about it.

It's been a long time since I've played, so I'm interested to hear your guys' feedback. I can post the files if you need them, but it's a really slick way to play HQ when your wife is out of town visiting her parents. :-)

I found the .rar file and it is entitled:
[*]Hero Quest 2.08h (MeVII Mod 10-16-2010)
note: this should be hquest2.zip

I read through some of the read-me's, etc. and it pointed me to here... maybe I can find someone to help?

The main reason I came here was because I was playing through the dungeon set of levels and I got to level 6 and the level seems to have not been put together correctly, and a fireplace seems to be blocking the entrance to the room I need to get in. Not sure what I can do to keep playing, but I love it, so I thought I'd pursue it.

Looking forward to speaking with you all,
Bumbs
Last edited by Bumbles on June 4th, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumbles

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest for PC?

Postby Bumbles » June 4th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Sorry - i quoted the wrong file in there! here is the link to the game I was playing. I just googled 'hquest2' (zip file I should have referenced) and this is the first hit:

https://www.allegro.cc/files/depot/1074 ... p?download

Let me know what you guys think,
Bumbs
Bumbles

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby drathe » June 4th, 2014, 9:28 pm

On my cell now and can't check the download. Sounds like Gerwin's. You should be able to contact him through his Website.
http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ChrisColossus » June 21st, 2014, 4:13 am

If it is hquest2, I have the same PC game. Have you tried changing it in the quest editor? I believe you can go in there and move the fireplace then overwrite the quest file. I do apologize if I am wrong.
ChrisColossus

Hero:

Postby ChrisColossus » June 21st, 2014, 4:25 am

I was in error in my previous post. If hquest2 is the game, and the magic dungeon is the part you're playing, then I you cannot use the editor to change it(not to my knowledge anyway). Sorry if I led you astray. If you find out how to edit the magic dungeon let me know.
ChrisColossus

Hero:

Return to Game Systems