• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Favorite Quest?!?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Favorite Quest?!?

Postby wallydubbs » November 7th, 2018, 2:56 pm

My favorite is Melar's Maze... I can't really say why, probably because of the falling block trap in the hallway, most heroes choose to spring toward when it comes down, and I love it when one is separated from the group.
I also like the torture rack room having 2 doors, it kinda throws the heroes off, but is generally revealed when one is a trap.

The one quest I'd change, as I did change it when my crew played, is Race Against Time; the storyline didn't seem right: the guide just vanishes, were none of the heroes paying attention when he led them down there? Plus the artifact in this quest is the Elixir of Life... It seems like such a wasted opportunity to include an Alchemist, which is what I did when I altered this quest, as well as add a time limit.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » November 7th, 2018, 5:23 pm

wallydubbs wrote:I also like the torture rack room having 2 doors, it kinda throws the heroes off, but is generally revealed when one is a trap.

Even better when played modular.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 9th, 2018, 11:36 am

knightkrawler wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:I also like the torture rack room having 2 doors, it kinda throws the heroes off, but is generally revealed when one is a trap.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that...

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » November 9th, 2018, 5:40 pm

wallydubbs wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that...

When you don't use a gameborard, but room tiles that you individually put out once entered by a hero.
The D&D tiles would be an example.

There must be files here for the HQ board cut up into all the rooms and various hallway sections.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 8:48 am

knightkrawler wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:When you don't use a gameborard, but room tiles that you individually put out once entered by a hero.
The D&D tiles would be an example.

There must be files here for the HQ board cut up into all the rooms and various hallway sections.

I can see how this wouldn't be such a dead giveaway.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 12th, 2018, 9:37 am

I did not play so many quests as Hero, most were "experienced" as Morcar.

The ones I played as Hero, the best...
Prince Magnus' Gold or Castle of Mystery, I can't decide... :-) Prince Magnus is a bitch because the heroe's WANT to betray their boss. Castle of Mystery is just so different from the others that I loved it. (I made an amendment in the questbook in my signature, to avoid the "can't get out" trap. )

The ones I made myself... definitively... Fire and Night

The ones I have seen anywhere in the net... that's Goblin King's Labyrinth..

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 9:55 am

Anderas wrote:I did not play so many quests as Hero, most were "experienced" as Morcar.

The ones I played as Hero, the best...
Prince Magnus' Gold or Castle of Mystery, I can't decide... :-) Prince Magnus is a bitch because the heroe's WANT to betray their boss. Castle of Mystery is just so different from the others that I loved it. (I made an amendment in the questbook in my signature, to avoid the "can't get out" trap.

I like Castle of Mystery too. But it's hard to place because it's so different from the rest...
What "can't get out trap" are you referring to?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 12th, 2018, 10:12 am

You have to roll a 12 to get out.

That's rare.

It's annoyingly rare.

It's why people don't like the quest.

So I put a secret door somewhere, with a lever in the room behind.
If you pull the lever, you can exchange the entrance number of the room rolled on a d10.

This Room contains a lever in the wall. If a
player pulls the lever, roll one d10 and exchange
the number of the room with the one of the
entrance. Count the rooms for this purpose in
the same order you would read.

Better chance to get out, without changing the concept.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 2:33 pm

In the American version you have to roll a 2 or 12, but it states at the beginning that the Quest ends either when all heroes make it back to the stairwell (yes, still a bit rare) or when all monsters are cleared from the board.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Game Systems