• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Battleaxe worth it?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Battleaxe worth it?

Postby artisturn » November 3rd, 2014, 5:00 pm

my nephew Michael swears by the Battle Axe. Being unable to use a sheild was not much of a problem due to the damage output,four attack dice is pretty nice.

Most of the time He would kill a monster in a single attack,So having three defense dice was not much of a setback.

Now that his barbarian has Boran's Armor He is a killing machine.

In a home made quest . I had a spellcasting Fimir cast Rust on his axe. but that was only a minor setback due to the fact the party pools their gold to upgrade the whole party.

I am looking forward to when I can control his Barbarian and his him to attack his fellow Heroes.
artisturn

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Malcadon » November 4th, 2014, 2:16 am

Now, if the Evil Wizard Player ruled the inclusion of additional weapons. Among them the Halberd or Greatsword: weapons with the strength and heft of a Battleaxe, and the reach of a Spear or Longsword. With that extra advantage of attacking diagonally, would the Battleaxe be worth it?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 4th, 2014, 5:23 am

A Battle Axe with an additional Bonus on top?
Would be maybe too strong.
Last edited by Anderas on November 4th, 2014, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby artisturn » November 4th, 2014, 3:57 pm

My Nephews favorite combo is The Battle Axe being used in conjunction with a Potion of Strength , Six attack dice pretty much take out the toughest monsters in one blow.
artisturn

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 4th, 2014, 4:09 pm

I loaded my table into my analysis software again (sorry, can't let it be :) )

Conclusion:
For weak monsters, the Battle Axe is not a very good alternative.
For strong monsters up to the toughest hardest enemy ever seen on the tabletop (Let's say Fimir with 1BP and stronger); the Battle Axe is a pure advantage; even if the Monster appears as wandering monster and strikes first.

I would not give the Battle Axe any additional Bonus - as strongest weapon it is just good as it is.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Game Systems