• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Do you tell if a Gargoyles is in stoneform?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Do you tell if a Gargoyles is in stoneform?

Postby Daedalus » May 26th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Congratulations to TMU for finding yet another way to tell if a Gargoyle is in stoneform. If a scrollover message appears, its in stoneform. If not, it's TMU!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » May 26th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Daedalus wrote:Congratulations to TMU for finding yet another way to tell if a Gargoyle is in stoneform. If a scrollover message appears, its in stoneform. If not, it's TMU!

:lol:
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Redav » June 24th, 2013, 6:08 am

Goblin-King wrote:Sometimes a gargoyle is in stoneform and can't move, attack or be attacked.
But do you tell the players "The gargoyle in this room is made of stone..."?

Nah, not I. It makes for an amusing fight or flight moment to see how they react :D

I've just managed to pick up a second complete set of miniatures so I plan on having one painted in stone form and another as an active beast. I was also thinking the same with the Chaos Warriors and in a quest you might walk a hall where a few of them are lining a wall and are activated by an event in the game.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Aefion » September 8th, 2013, 1:03 am

Sjeng wrote:Image

yay, that's my gargoyle miniature :D
Shoulder to shoulder with my fellow elves, for Love, for Freedom and for Valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.
Aefion

Hero:

Postby IvenBach » September 8th, 2013, 2:26 am

Great stuff. I've decided that throughout each quest I'm going to randomly put the gargoyle in a room. Get them used to seeing it and have it not do anything. Once they get used to it and start leaving them alone have it come to like and follow them from behind. Alas the poor wizard will be in for a nasty surprise. The best thing is I have 2 official gargoyles and my imp I can use.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » September 8th, 2013, 3:35 am

Aefion wrote:yay, that's my gargoyle miniature :D

Cool! Welcome to the Inn!!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 6th, 2013, 4:46 am

Aefion has just been activated from lurker stoneform.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 17th, 2014, 11:01 am

A new member (as of today), brsathler from brazil, posted a huge gallery with pictures of the Brazilian HeroQuest edition, which came with paper minis and furniture to keep shipping and production (and retail) costs down.
There it is: One gargoyle in stone form, a second in awakened demon form. TA-DAAH!
The things you learn at the inn.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tomye » August 1st, 2014, 5:51 pm

I would rule it as a real statue, like the stone chaos warriors maybe. So you cannot attack it and think it is a stone statue. When you open the chest without searching for traps and disarming them, it becomes magically wakenen, maybe even transformed and becomes a monster and can be attacked etc.
So like most times: Do only tell what you have to. The less you tell the more the tension will rise

Possible spoiler alert of basic game:
Same with the elixier that pertrifies and the mage that became a zombie...
tomye

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » June 25th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Sjeng wrote:Man, I was SO expecting to find the gargoyle reward in this thread xD
curse you drathe! :P
You too huh. It's my last monster and I've got the clue but it's not helping. :x
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Official Rules