• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Are Bracers "Body Armor"?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Are Bracers "Body Armor"?

Postby HispaZargon » October 17th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Related to this topic...

I inform you that Hasbro officially confirmed through its 'Zargon' Twitter account that HQ 2021 remake's Bracers can't be combined with other armor, but can only be combined with shield and helm, however, unfortunatelly 'Zargon' did not say anything about combining it with the Wizard's Cloak... Here you have a copy of the twits...

19th November 2021:

Zargon_Twitter_2021-11-19.JPG

16th September 2022:

Zargon_Twitter_2022-09-16.JPG

I will update the errata list here accordingly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby KentKaliber » April 29th, 2023, 11:07 pm

WOW I saw the clarification from Avalon Hill and was SHOCKED. I never saw Bracers as a Full Body Armor. I saw the Bracers like an "add on" for your forearms, like the Helmet is an "add on" for your head.

So can Bracers be COMBINED with the Wizards Cloak?
KentKaliber

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby SirRick » April 30th, 2023, 12:46 am

Originally the Bracers were intended to be a magical item the Wizard could purchase, in addition to the cloak. Both items were meant to be combined together. The NA version changed the cloak into an artifact and chose not to include the Bracers.

The reissue changed the Bracers into an item anyone could use, but is meant to be a replacement for Chain Mail for the new characters who cannot wear metal armor. I believe the new Bracers are meant to be magical as well but it just doesn’t say it on the card (a deflection bonus or something), which is also why they cost more than the Chain Mail.

Its helpful to cross reference different rule sets to try and determine the intent of something, or determine what was actually changed. Its nice they have Zargon clearing up certain things or making rulings as well, and anyone can choose to abide by those rules or throw them out the window. I don’t know if Zargon confirmed the Bracers can be combined with the Wizard’s Cloak, but I would have just assume that they do based on how the items were handled in previous versions of the game.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » April 30th, 2023, 5:16 am

Maybe a neater solution would be to replace the Bracers Equipment Card with a Quest Treasure / Artefact Card as below:

Bracers of Defence
These magical bracers are adorned with mystical runes. They can only be worn by the Wizard, giving him one extra combat die in defence.

Just need to work out where to put them in the Quest Pack...
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Official Rules