• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Enemy with crossbows beyond a pit trap

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Enemy with crossbows beyond a pit trap

Postby Thor-in » September 8th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Exactly :? . :lol: .
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby [Ravensworth Castle] » September 8th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone, after rechecking the rule book UK and US versions, I see it does say you can attack from a pit trap minus one combat dice. First time I have come across this.
[Ravensworth Castle]

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby slev » September 16th, 2016, 5:47 am

mitchiemasha wrote:To be fair the clean language filter is better. Don't know why but it amuses me. I didn't know what it was for ages.

We have a rope for 100g. Now you can climb into a pit at no loss of BP. You Have to sacrifice a move Rd6 first though. Climbing halves your movement.

100g might be too much, what do you think?

I have a rope in my set. It has various uses.
If using it on it's own for teh full effect, 100GC seems reasonable.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » March 30th, 2017, 7:56 pm

[Ravensworth Castle] wrote:Just looking for clarification on how to play the scenario whereby the heros encounter monsters armed with crossbows who are on the other side of a pit trap in a corridor. Other than/ from the elf or wizard who can use spells I'm guessing that the monsters are 'safe'? The pit trap would be trigged by the hero moving forward to attack but they cannot attack from within the pit right and they could not climb out the far side? Help please?

Fighting from within the pit has been answered, but what if the crossbow-welding monsters were positioned further back from the pit trap? The rules also allow a Hero in a pit trap to climb out and get at the monsters on his next turn, if the adjacent square on the far side is open. So don't forget that lemony goodness.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby catoran » June 22nd, 2017, 10:06 am

We have a house rule for this whereby you can jump and attack at the same time.
Big 6'10 barbarian leaps pit with battle axe use normal pit jumping rule, if you land it you must immediately role your combat dice. if the monster defends your back in the pit and now minus your weapon, which said pesky goblin often runs of with, at least he didn't think of picking it up and bashing me with it while i'm in the pit trap...
catoran

Hero:

Previous

Return to Official Rules