• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Potions: how do they work?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Potions: how do they work?

Postby Daedalus » August 17th, 2016, 5:47 pm

This topic is also addressed here.

[here -edit]
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby sajungzak » August 17th, 2016, 8:53 pm

That thread has been deleted.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 18th, 2016, 7:25 am

Dédales must have some kind of ultrafreaky HQ Link database on his PC. I was always wondering how he manages to constantly remember similar topics and deliver high quality postings. Now we know. He is human. He has a database. It is actually possible that the database is not up to date. That makes him less HQ godlike and more like us. Phew. :D

I am currently working on Slev's huge potion collection. I love his system but I love it even more if it keeps a maximum of compatibility with Base HQ. So I am translating his potion card in my own HQ language and format. Slev's System is very clean as he tagged all abilities and cards with a lot of words you can reference to on other cards or in the rulebook. You have a buddy who likes to discuss a formulation? Slev can update that rule centrally in the rulebook. Very elegant.

I prefer to have the rules on the card, so that you can read everything you need directly on your hand, without cross referencing. That will be the hell for me if we discover a failure, but for me this is part of the beauty of the HQ game system. Additionally, I translate the card size to Zombicide card sizes, so I can reuse the dashboard of Zombicide. That means I have a lot of space less and I need to shorten and simplify the more complicated cards. Which is good for the game, I think.

But it is a lot of work! A lot of work! Slev's System is beautiful, and it is big!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 18th, 2016, 10:33 am

Anderas wrote:You have a buddy who likes to discuss a formulation? Slev can update that rule centrally in the rulebook. Very elegant.

I've seen that somewhere else. Oh wait...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
But seriously, I plan on reeeally sifting through Slev's stuff in detail soon, to ... ahem, derive... (i.e. steal) what I like better in his system than in mine.
I need more diverse card ideas and am thinking why try to invent everything new from scratch when there's someone out there thinking very similar to myself with his own system which has been playtested...
So I need to do the same as you, Anderas, translate what I like into my own semantics and syntax.
Another interesting project.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 18th, 2016, 10:59 am

I will upload the photoshop files once finished so you can reuse a word here or there. :D

You will have to put up with my format, though: 1.73 inch x 2.45 inch, which is Zombicide size. Only my spells will be bigger.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 18th, 2016, 11:47 am

All my cards are just a little bigger: 4.45x6.35 cm
I can then easily see if wording changes from me fit my cards, that's a nice perk.
Other than that, I'm now pretty comfortable at photoshopping cards thanks to you and Dean Laxer, artist and my best friend.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 21st, 2016, 8:02 am

Daedalus wrote:This topic is also addressed here.

sajungzak wrote:That thread has been deleted.

Does this link work?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 21st, 2016, 8:27 am

Daedalus wrote:
Daedalus wrote:This topic is also addressed here.

sajungzak wrote:That thread has been deleted.

Does this link work?

It takes me to a page that says, "This topic has been deleted."

Here is the entire page copied and pasted:

HeroQuest :: High Adventure in a World of Magic!
Ye Olde Inn
Skip to content

Search…
Search
Advanced search
{ HOMEPAGE }
Board index
Change font size
User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your topics • View your posts { RULES }FAQGalleryMembersLogout [ sajungzak ]
Information

This topic has been deleted.

Board indexThe team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
{ HOMEPAGE }