• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

There and Back Again: When do YOU end the Quest?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: There and Back Again: When do YOU end the Quest?

Postby Decipher » Sunday July 2nd, 2017 4:38pm

I always found that after the quest is "finished", its laboring and boring for the players to have to trek back to the stairs. Mostly, they just wanna add up their gold, check out the Armory, go to the bathroom, smoke etc. I require them to make it back to the stairs if there are rooms they haven't discovered yet or if there are traps in any of the hallways. Other than that, I usually skip the whole stair thing.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday July 2nd, 2017 5:29pm

Decipher wrote:I always found that after the quest is "finished", its laboring and boring for the players to have to trek back to the stairs. Mostly, they just wanna add up their gold, check out the Armory, go to the bathroom, smoke etc. I require them to make it back to the stairs if there are rooms they haven't discovered yet or if there are traps in any of the hallways. Other than that, I usually skip the whole stair thing.

Can drag the game on when a Hero with 1 BP left searches for treasure and gets a Fimir wandering monster, manages to survive the attack, and heads tail to leave the others to deal with it.

I usually call the game if every room has been explored and no special treasures are still out.
Blood - Good to the last drop
j_dean80

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Sunday July 2nd, 2017 6:23pm

Decipher wrote:or if there are traps in any of the hallways. Other than that, I usually skip the whole stair thing.

This is just it... So you literally tell the heroes there are un-sprung traps left?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Monday July 3rd, 2017 7:16am

Double 1's Hazard mod, has my questing heroes quite scared on the exit attempt. With very close, lucky escapes. These were mid quest escapes though!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
mitchiemasha

Ogre
Ogre

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Official Rules