• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Official EU Errata

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Official EU Errata

Postby Daedalus » November 8th, 2015, 5:48 pm

I found this at Boardgamegeek in the files section of the Hero Quest page.

Right away I'd say drathe may want to incorporate the Summon Orcs errata in the Inn's files. The localizations of the expansions could also be improved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Official EU Errata

Postby GimmeYerGold » January 14th, 2016, 12:51 am

What's crazy to me is this errata is copywritten 2006!

Interesting that someone at hasbro saw fit to acknowledge this, even 15 years after the fact!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » January 14th, 2016, 12:38 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:What's crazy to me is this errata is copywritten 2006!

Interesting that someone at hasbro saw fit to acknowledge this, even 15 years after the fact!!

How very peculiar! Unless hasbro did consider at some point to have a second look at the game.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Daedalus wrote:Right away I'd say drathe may want to incorporate the Summon Orcs errata in the Inn's files.
And it's still not bloody clear! :roll:

Take them from anywhere on or off the game board, so does that mean they're new monsters that aren't taken from elsewhere in the quest if they're taken from off the game board? Then why would you ever take them from on the game board? So it must mean you can take them from areas of the dungeon that haven't been explored yet.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » January 14th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Take them from anywhere on or off the game board, so does that mean they're new monsters that aren't taken from elsewhere in the quest if they're taken from off the game board? Then why would you ever take them from on the game board? So it must mean you can take them from areas of the dungeon that haven't been explored yet.

Take them from anywhere on or off the game board - I choose to take them from the box unless the box is empty because all the monsters are on the board* in which case I choose to move monsters from somewhere else on the board to a better position.

It is actually quite clear ;)

* think of that quest from Kellars Keep where monsters enter from the dungeon entrance at the start of each turn!
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » January 14th, 2016, 1:54 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:Take them from anywhere on or off the game board - I choose to take them from the box unless the box is empty because all the monsters are on the board* in which case I choose to move monsters from somewhere else on the board to a better position.

Yes, that is how I see it. If there were two orcs in the box and six in play, you would take the two from the box and then may take the rest from those in play if you want to.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 14th, 2016, 2:03 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:Take them from anywhere on or off the game board, so does that mean they're new monsters that aren't taken from elsewhere in the quest if they're taken from off the game board? Then why would you ever take them from on the game board? So it must mean you can take them from areas of the dungeon that haven't been explored yet.
Take them from anywhere on or off the game board - I choose to take them from the box unless the box is empty because all the monsters are on the board* in which case I choose to move monsters from somewhere else on the board to a better position.

It is actually quite clear ;)

* think of that quest from Kellars Keep where monsters enter from the dungeon entrance at the start of each turn!
It doesn't seem very likely that will ever happen, there's nothing like that in WoM. Maybe if you don't own Kellers Keep it could potentially. But that's not how the goblin one works. If you look at the two together the orc shaman has a theme of teleporting the monsters from other areas, as opposed to the necromancer who actually 'summons' them.

The Admiral wrote:
The Road Warrior wrote:Take them from anywhere on or off the game board - I choose to take them from the box unless the box is empty because all the monsters are on the board* in which case I choose to move monsters from somewhere else on the board to a better position.
Yes, that is how I see it. If there were two orcs in the box and six in play, you would take the two from the box and then may take the rest from those in play if you want to.
You only summon two. ;)

You might well be right but I still don't think it's a particularly good spell description, especially considering it's a rewrite.

Edit:
Oh, the goblin one says the exact same thing. Maybe I played it wrong then. I always read it as taking them from other areas of the dungeon.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » January 14th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:It doesn't seem very likely that will ever happen, there's nothing like that in WoM. Maybe if you don't own Kellers Keep it could potentially. But that's not how the goblin one works. If you look at the two together the orc shaman has a theme of teleporting the monsters from other areas, as opposed to the necromancer who actually 'summons' them.

Instead of looking at the other cards and forming a preconception of what you think the spell should do, try just reading the text and doing what it says!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » January 14th, 2016, 2:11 pm

You didn't see my edit did you. :)

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » January 14th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Yes i did. But I thought my point was still valid

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Official Rules