• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Choosing Between EU, NA, and House Rules

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Incorrectly Played Rules

Postby Daedalus » Friday March 31st, 2017 5:22pm

Redav wrote:
slev wrote:And it ammuses me as "The Gathering Storm" was the name I cobbled together for teh core quest book for my HQR project. Seems my influence is wider reaching than I knew :)

Is that yours? I thought I'd seen it listed somewhere in officialdome :s

Oh well, nice :)

You may also have seen it at Phoenix's site as the title for his (Main Game System) Quest Book. I always thought it was his brainchild, but Old Scratch's forum shows he borrowed the title from Slev about eight years back.

I figure the seed of the idea came from the first paragraph of the Quest Pack epilogue page: "You have done well. And yet it seems your task is hardly begun. Dark clouds gather at the Empire's borders..." Slev?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Choosing Between EU, NA, and House Rules

Postby slev » Friday March 31st, 2017 5:43pm

Nope, made it up off the cuff, just seemed appropriate!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Official Rules