• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Multiple Trapped Chests

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Multiple Trapped Chests

Postby drathe » June 1st, 2009, 12:13 am

During my game this evening, one of my players asked if they could search for treasure in a single chest that was disarmed, while the other chests in the room were still trapped. Since the rules for treasure searching are for the full room, I said no. But this is a neat idea. I think I may allow it for my next group. It would be interesting as one chest could be disarmed, yet another hero take the loot leaving the rest still safely trapped for other heroes to deal with.

Thoughts?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Multiple Trapped Chests

Postby Phoenix » June 1st, 2009, 7:04 am

Well, technically, it is a rule change, however, you are Zargon. 'nough said!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 1st, 2009, 3:21 pm

Open to interpretation, but...

North American Manual, page 20 wrote:
  • If you successfully disarm the trap, the trap is removed and you may continue with your move. (See Disarm a Trapon page 21.) You may search the disarmed chest/furniture for treasure on your next turn.

To me, that says yes, you can disarm a single chest and search just that chest for treasure, leaving the others unopened and trapped.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Milk » June 4th, 2009, 2:49 am

In my new ruleset I had reworked the treasure seeking to stand for either 1 room or 1 piece of furniture with treasure cards falling into the hands of room searches only - if a given piece of furniture does not have treasure as per the quest notes, then there is nothing and the search is over (this was done so that there wouldn't be an overabundance of treasure cards being handed out in a given quest - basically, it's still the same possible cards as would be received using mb's actual ruling). I had created this rule for a variety of reasons, one of the big ones being exactly the scenario you mentioned above. Of course, the rule is not perfet, nor is it etched in stone yet.
"There should always be barbarians to the north."
Milk

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 4th, 2009, 8:13 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I believe it would make a decent house rule.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Official Rules