• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Line of Sight

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Line of Sight

Postby mitchiemasha » February 24th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Ahh! that map reminds me of the one I did for Space Hulk.

It wasn't til many years later did the appearance of the need for... "A model blocked from LoS that would usually block LoS doesn’t!" That line sounds confusing to those who haven't played many games but mainly why it's important.

If HQ mechanics were the same as SH, the Orc or first Chaos Warrior (Sotiris Map) would block the rest. After many plays one comes to realise, as the Orc is blocked from LoS it doesn't block LoS to what is behind it. Hence why GW FAQ the above in bold (Likely my wording not official, I forget theirs) for SH...

As for HEROQUEST, the rules clearly state the diagonal attack and LoS is allowed diagonally through the 2 blocking characters. They would be considered in the further corners of the square, leaving enough space for sight or a prod from a staff. If one was playing the SH way, the LoS to the 2nd/3rd Chaos Warriors (Sotiris Map) would be blocked.

In SH it's all about the pivot point on the corner. The rear corner of the first character you can see becomes the new pivot point, everything behind it, upto equal distance away from you, away from it, is blocked. That was a hard sentence to write, hence the diagram.

But just to be doubly clear, my stance on HEROQUEST rules is, they are allowed. Diagonal, LoS/Ranged/Magic = Not blocked. Only movement, bring on some boots of agility, purchase for the unlock. Useless if used with Heavy Armour.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Line of Sight

Postby mitchiemasha » February 24th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Using Sotiris first map, if this was SH but it's not, lol, the 1st Orc is blocked (obviously), the 2nd Orc is visible, blocking the 3rd, 4th, 5th from attack, the 6th Orc is the next visible.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Official Rules