• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Compilation of Leaflets, Advertisements and Other Documents.

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

What do you think about this compilation of documents?

It's great! Finally somebody has prepared it! Thank you so much!!
62%
It's very useful and I will contribute as posible with Inn's Community by means of new additions or related useful information.
23%
It's quite interesting but I don't care too much about these kind of documents. I am only interested in game components.
15%
Indiferent.
No votes
Quite rare... do you really think these kind of documents provide any useful information?
No votes
Sorry, I cannot undestand why somebody waste time on this.
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Compilation of Leaflets, Advertisements and Other Docume

Postby HispaZargon » August 12th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Here is an Italian flyer with a MB mini catalogue, probably from 1993 according to its reference number.

- MB Mini Catalogue Italy FAMILY-MB-3-93-IT (Italian).
MB_Flyer_Catalogue_FAMILY-MB-3-93-IT_Italy_1993_[I totally agree]_LR.pdf

It included information about Advanced Quest Hero Quest Edition, Space Crusade and Battle Masters, with all their Italian expansions (except the HQ Design Kit box). Here are their extracted pictures:

MB_Flyer_Catalogue_FAMILY-MB-3-93-IT_Italy_1993_[I totally agree]_EXTRACT.jpg

Note: It is quite interesting to see that pictures of Battle Master's expansions I think show prototypes of the boxes, with some front cover text fields in blank. Additionally, the Imperial Lord flags also are not the final ones nor mistaken in the picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 16th, 2021, 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » August 14th, 2021, 8:14 pm

Hi again, there are also at least two types of advertisements of the Brazilian edition of Hero Quest. These advertisement pages were included in the Brazilian edition of some Marvel comic series at the time, such as the following ones:

- 1994 Marvel Wolverine Comic Series issue 32 (Brazilian Edition).
- 1994 Marvel X-Men Comic Series issue 70 (Brazilian Edition).

This entry and this entry have a picture of them and more information. One was dedicated to the basic game box, and the other was dedicated to the brazilian expansions.

- Hero Quest Brazil 1994 Advertisement in Marvel comic series, 1 page (Portuguese) - Two different avertisements.
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 14th, 2021, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » August 14th, 2021, 8:49 pm

Here is a French MB mini catalogue, probably from 1990 according to its reference number. This type of catalogues were included at such time inside the MB boardgames boxes with promotional purposes.

- MB Mini Catalogue France F/2 4.90 132.001.889-C (French).
MB_Catalogue_France_F2_4-90_[FRE]_LR.pdf

It includes information about Hero Quest and Kellar's Keep expansion, here are their extracted pictures:

MB_Catalogue_France_F2_4-90_[FRE]_EXTRACT.JPG

Note: It is quite funny to see in that board a HQ table placed in vertical position! :lol: :lol: The missing legs are in other room... alone!! Additionally, the alquemist's weight scale is in the floor of one of the small rooms while the alchemist's table is in other one... Similar 'disaster' with the fireplace! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 15th, 2021, 5:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 14th, 2021, 9:20 pm

And here is an English MB mini catalogue, probably from 1989 since the Hero Quest's components shown correspond to the quite well known prototype of the game and no expansions are shown, but not sure. This type of catalogues were included at such time inside the MB boardgames boxes with promotional purposes.

- MB Mini Catalogue UK (English).
MB_Catalogue_UK_[ENG]_LR.pdf

It only includes information about Hero Quest basic game, here are their extracted pictures:

MB_Catalogue_UK_[ENG]_EXTRACT.JPG

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 15th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Here is one of the Spanish MB mini catalogues, probably from 1991-1992 since Battle Masters is already shown and all EU expansions of Hero Quest are also shown. This type of catalogues were included at such time inside the MB boardgames boxes with promotional purposes.

- MB Mini Catalogue Spain 1 (Spanish).
MB_Catalogue_Spain_1_[SPA]_LR.pdf

It includes information about Hero Quest's basic game with all its Spanish expansions, Battle Masters basic game and Space Crusade basic game with its two expansions, here are their extracted pictures:

MB_Catalogue_Spain_1_[SPA]_EXTRACT.JPG

Note: It is quite interesting to see that this catalogue defines the Battle Masters game as a "fantastic roleplaying game of strategy and fantasy".
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 17th, 2021, 5:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 15th, 2021, 5:43 pm

And here, another Spanish MB mini catalogue, probably from 1992 since it also shows the two Spanish expansions of Battle Masters. This type of catalogues were included at such time inside the MB boardgames boxes with promotional purposes.

- MB Mini Catalogue Spain 2 (Spanish).
MB_Catalogue_Spain_2_[SPA]_LR.pdf

It includes information about Hero Quest & Battle Masters' basic games with all their Spanish expansions.

Here are their extracted pictures. It is quite interesting how the style of the Battle Master's box changed from the one shown in the (probably older) catalogue of my previous post. As far as I know both versions of the Battle Master's basic game box indicates year 1992 but their style was slightly different. For example, the second one included a Flag advertisement in the cover instead of a red circle, despite other differences. According to the Italian 1993 catalogue shown in this post, maybe the box with the flag was released in 1993 and the box with the red circle was the first version of the game, released in 1992. Addtionally, the expansion boxes also show a flag in the front cover, and they are supposed to be released later than the basic game so, everything seem to match with that. Anyway, does anybody have more info about those differences between the Battle Masters boxes?

MB_Catalogue_Spain_2_[SPA]_EXTRACT.JPG

Note: About the pictures of Battle Master's expansions, same comment as in this post of Italian mini catalogue.
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 22nd, 2021, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 16th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Hi again, I found on this BGG link that there was another very interesting MB mini catalogue. This one was in German and it shows in the cover a prototype of Space Crusade / Star Quest game:

MB_Catalogue_Germany_2_[GER]_COVER.JPG

According to this, I guess this catalogue would be from 1990 so, it should also include inside info about Hero Quest and its expansions but unfortunately I have only found there this picture about its content, it only covers information about Space Crusade:

MB_Catalogue_Germany_2_[GER]_EXTRACT.jpg

If anybody has a picture of the rest, it would be a good contribution!

- MB Mini Catalogue Germany 2 (German) - Release year 1990, probably.

Note: I am not a huge fan of Warhammer 40.000 lore and I know that Space Crusade is quite off-the-topic here in the Inn but I like part of 40k Universe and I am quite exited about this Space Crusade prototype since it is so different to the final design of the game... the space marine chapters are there (I guess) exactly as they are supposed to be (Ultramarines, Imperial Fists & Blood Angels) instead of just names with colours as in the final version of the game (Blue team, Yellow team & Red team). I think I had already read something about this prototype, maybe here in the Inn, but I am not sure.

Edited by HispaZargon at 15/Oct/2023: According to my last investigations, it is so probable that the reference number of this German catalogue was "D/4.90", according to this picture shown in BGG.

Edited by HispaZargon at 23/Dec/2023: Full scanned copy of the catalogue finally available in this other later post.
Last edited by HispaZargon on August 16th, 2021, 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 16th, 2021, 7:13 pm

Another one with similar lack of information, here is from The Netherlands the cover of a MB mini catalogue in Dutch, probably from 1990 but not sure, which full content is also unknown for me but our HeroQuest appears in the front page and here is also available some info about it. Again, if anybody could provide some information about its full content it would be great!!

MB_Catalogue_Netherlands_[DUT]_COVER.jpg

MB_Catalogue_Netherlands_[DUT]_EXTRACT.jpg

- MB Mini Catalogue Netherlands (Dutch) - Release year 1990, probably.

Edited by HispaZargon: New related information is available about this catalogue in this other later post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 16th, 2021, 7:23 pm

Well... Talking about Space Crusade / Star Quest, I have also found two magazine advertisements about this game, one from UK and the other from Germany:

- Space Crusade Magazine Advertisement UK, 1 page (English)
SC_Advertisement_Magazine_UK_[ENG].pdf

- Space Crusade Magazine Advertisement Germany, 1 page (German)
SC_Advertisement_Magazine_Germany_[GER].pdf

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » August 18th, 2021, 3:56 pm

Hi again, the Spanish Edition of Advanced Hero Quest seems to have had also a poster of the game box front cover art. A picture of the poster can be found in this link. Maybe this type of poster also exists in other languages but I don't know.

- Advanced Hero Quest Poster Spain (Spanish)

AHQ_Poster_Spain_[SPA]_PICTURE.JPG

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items