• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Poster

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: Poster

Postby runnar » February 16th, 2020, 10:18 pm

The Brazilian version comes with a poster of the game box art.
Indeed, I don't remember well, but I think the poster don't came within the game's box, but you could send a letter to the game's local manufacturer and receive a poster by mail.
runnar

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » February 17th, 2020, 4:41 pm

There were two releases of the Brazilian version: the second one was including a postcard that must be sumbmitted to Estrella to receive the poster.
The second release is recognizable by a small scroll placed on the right side of the box saying "A magnific HeroQuest poster for you!"

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Poster of Brazilian Edition

Postby HispaZargon » August 11th, 2021, 11:56 am

Hi everyone,

I am very glad to inform you that I have news about this topic...

After a hard searching through internet, I have found this online advertisement of a Brazilian HeroQuest box where you can see at the background a copy of the unknown brazilian poster!!

The first thing that has drawn my attention was the poster size, it makes it soooo coool... Compared with the game box it seems to be huge!!

According to the number of parts it seems to be folded (8 parts around Din-A4 size, probably) I can guess that its total size approximately corresponds to a Din-A1 (841 x 594 mm).

In the advertisement pictures can be also seen some other rare items of the brazilian version of HeroQuest such as two furniture assembly flyers, one poster order form and one games catalogue of Estrela company, the brazilian distributor of HeroQuest.

Then, runnar was right about the brazilian poster, it shows the box art, as you can check there.

Enjoy!

126c81f50d0fe132b2b9e312ee169ae9.jpeg

9aba11d5132811d0723beca5a18588f4.jpeg

46d4247cb8c5ca7cda5979ad2830fd5c.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » August 11th, 2021, 12:42 pm

yes, the poster is the brazilian cover. Like the US version of KK and RotWL, also the main game artwork was reworked in Brazil.
Here is the poster and the related advertise:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » August 11th, 2021, 12:49 pm

lestodante wrote:yes, the poster is the brazilian cover. Like the US version of KK and RotWL, also the main game artwork was reworked in Brazil.
Here is the poster and the related advertise:

Great! I suppose the back of the poster is in blank, isn't it?
And about the artwork I think you mean that the basic game box artwork looks a llitle bit more "comic" compared with the european boxes? Look it more "defined" and have brighter colours?

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby runnar » August 12th, 2021, 10:14 am

HispaZargon wrote:Great! I suppose the back of the poster is in blank, isn't it?
And about the artwork I think you mean that the basic game box artwork looks a llitle bit more "comic" compared with the european boxes? Look it more "defined" and have brighter colours?

Yes, the back of the poster is blank.
There are one of this poster framed at a game store here in my city. Unfortunately the store is a bit far away of my house for me to go to the place and take a picture.
runnar

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » August 13th, 2021, 4:40 pm

runnar wrote:Yes, the back of the poster is blank.
There are one of this poster framed at a game store here in my city. Unfortunately the store is a bit far away of my house for me to go to the place and take a picture.

Wooow... ok, that's enough for me! I can image how well could it look in a lucky wall. :D

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby franciscopioner » December 2nd, 2021, 9:54 pm

Hello everybody. I found by chance in my wardrobe the original Brazilian poster kept in the company's envelope since 1993.

https://ibb.co/2FZLXSL
Last edited by franciscopioner on December 2nd, 2021, 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
franciscopioner

Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » December 2nd, 2021, 10:06 pm

franciscopioner wrote:Hello everybody. I found by chance in my wardrobe the original Brazilian poster kept in the company's envelope since 1993.

Yeaaah... those are awesome news! Please, could share some picture of the envelope? Thank you!

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby franciscopioner » December 2nd, 2021, 10:49 pm

HispaZargon wrote:
franciscopioner wrote:Hello everybody. I found by chance in my wardrobe the original Brazilian poster kept in the company's envelope since 1993.

Yeaaah... those are awesome news! Please, could share some picture of the envelope? Thank you!

I added the link
franciscopioner

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items