Page 5 of 7

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 6:10am
by TocoKing
I do not have a FB account. So I browsed all pictures there. oh, my Goddess, somehow I'm glad these expansions were never published. Some terrible sculpts. A few nice ones.

That Rhino! Ugly. That dragon/centipede. Serious?! ...

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 6:55am
by lestodante
TocoKing wrote:oh, my Goddess, somehow I'm glad these expansions were never published. Some terrible sculpts. A few nice ones.

I had the same thought when I've seen them!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 6:58am
by TocoKing
Drew wrote:...

Man im pretty sure there are a few people that might even have a couple official unreleased complete expansions. The only problem is that they cant release them if they wanted.
The only thing they could do is "leak" them if they care enough for the fans of this game cause we all know for sure that they are never getting an official release.


Correct. Famous designer Richard Borg shared with me that he has written an official expansion for HeroQuest. But he could not share any details for obvious legal reasons.

Edit: It was an email from 2010. Just found it again. He literally said he had written the story for the Wizard expansion. And that it was never released. He later also wrote an expansion for D&D Boardgame that did get released: Forbidden Forest. (That expansion was not bad in my opinion.)

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 8:59am
by lestodante
I've just read better what Rod wrote in one of his post and he confirmed in the comments that Sabertooth is from the Wizard Quest Pack, not an early concept for the EQP. He did a mistake on the post.
Also a female Wizard exists but he doesn't own her but sayd he knows who have the sculpt and is trying to get a photo.
He sayd the wife of an employer at Hasbro saw the Yet sculpt and asked to take it; so he is missing that piece from the Barabarian set and seems she also took another figure, I guess it may be the female Wizard.
He also sayd he has some writings and waiting for permissions to scan and share.

Rod Phelps wrote:...So far from the Wizard quest we confirmed the sketch provided by Toco (still looking to see if I can get photos of the fig), the sabretooth tiger, and the Skaven. I believe these are all part of the Wizard quest. If I can get the scans of those quests I will verify.
Couple disclaimers, one, if I get those quests I am not sure if I can share them. There are a few people to check with and it would take me some time. I enjoy sharing with the community and adding something new for you but at the same time I’m not looking to cause any issues for anyone.
Second, I know everyone keeps asking for 3-D prints. Same kind of scenario as the quests. While I do own these sculpts and I am not currently on an NDA, there are still folks I don’t want to stomp on. So for now these will have to do unless your in southern Florida someday and want to play a game or two ;)
Alright, into new business. It appears that each new expansion set that came out had five figures in it. So far we have seen three, that means two more are still waiting to be seen.
I’ll just show this one since it was guessed at earlier and also Toco found the drawing of it a few years back...


Talking about the Barbarian set and his missing Yeti:
Rod Phelps wrote:...Anyways, as was eluded to in an earlier post I also have this set. Glaringly obvious is the fact that the yeti is missing. Just before I got my hands on this one of the wives of the employees got him because it reminded her of the bumble on Rudolph. Is what it is...


Talking about unreleased quests:
Rod Phelps wrote:I see Toco talked to Richard. So yes, there are some quests drawn up. I know who has them, I’m not sure what his thoughts are on releasing them. Could be complicated.
I’ll ask.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 10:46am
by Syco54645
Pancho wrote:
Syco54645 wrote:Were the quests/rules ever found and leaked? Would be really cool to see them.

The quests exist! Probably the rules, cards, and tiles do too. They haven’t been leaked though. But I now live in much greater hope than I did before that they will be one day.


I hope they leak out. The community around this game is fantastic! I bought a gameboard and screen and was able to print everything else needed for the game (including the miniatures). Just played for the first time with my kids yesterday and they loved it. Really REALLY hope this stuff comes out.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Monday June 29th, 2020 10:55pm
by Spookyhappyfun
I'd love to see the quests and cards and tiles for the expansions. But having seen most of the figures now, as blasphemous as it sounds, I'm glad we didn't actually get them. That skaven is a monstrosity in the worst way. The minotaur is okay, I guess, and the evil dwarf is fine. But good god, that female dwarf is terrifying. I know that some of the EQP and BQP figures don't really match the style of the original, but these seem to veer so far from the old hammer style that it's almost a travesty. I'm far happier just using WHQ figures instead. At least those match.

But we could definitely make the quests, stories, and rules work if we could get a hold of those.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Tuesday June 30th, 2020 9:27am
by j_dean80
Usually I’m all for original figures over proxy but yikes those are uggglllyyy!!

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Wednesday July 1st, 2020 12:57am
by wallydubbs
Pancho wrote:I think the Sabretooth wouldn’t have been in either of those two packs though, as it’s been confirmed to have been dropped from MOTM in favour of the giant wolves.


lestodante wrote:I've just read better what Rod wrote in one of his post and he confirmed in the comments that Sabertooth is from the Wizard Quest Pack, not an early concept for the EQP. He did a mistake on the post.
Also a female Wizard exists but he doesn't own her but sayd he knows who have the sculpt and is trying to get a photo.


From what I remember, Kueker worked on both the Elf and Wizard's quest pack. He did sketch the Sabertooth Tiger, not the Giant Wolf.
Kueker never saw the Wizard's Quest Pack, he was only rewarded with the Elf Quest Pack due to his contributions.
It's possible he designed the Sabertooth Tiger, believing it was for the Elf Quest Pack; or maybe it was switched over between the quests during production.
The depictions of the Wolves and Ogres on the cover of the Elf Quest Pack do not match the figurines in size(as those were not designed by him).
I do recall Kueker telling me his boss expressed vast disappointment in the Wizard's quest pack.
lestodante wrote:
TocoKing wrote:oh, my Goddess, somehow I'm glad these expansions were never published. Some terrible sculpts. A few nice ones.

I had the same thought when I've seen them!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems like confirmation.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Wednesday July 1st, 2020 10:49am
by lestodante
wallydubbs wrote:From what I remember, Kueker worked on both the Elf and Wizard's quest pack. He did sketch the Sabertooth Tiger, not the Giant Wolf.
Kueker never saw the Wizard's Quest Pack, he was only rewarded with the Elf Quest Pack due to his contributions.
It's possible he designed the Sabertooth Tiger, believing it was for the Elf Quest Pack; or maybe it was switched over between the quests during production.
The depictions of the Wolves and Ogres on the cover of the Elf Quest Pack do not match the figurines in size(as those were not designed by him).
I do recall Kueker telling me his boss expressed vast disappointment in the Wizard's quest pack.


Kueker did both skwetches, giant wolf and saber tooth.
Here are his drawings: http://www.tocoking.be/ahq/unreleased.html
The Centaur figure seems still missing.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

PostPosted: Wednesday July 1st, 2020 2:16pm
by Drew
lestodante wrote:Kueker did both skwetches, giant wolf and saber tooth.
Here are his drawings: http://www.tocoking.be/ahq/unreleased.html
The Centaur figure seems still missing.


Could be the other one that "the wife of an employer" took. She took the Yeti and probably either the Centaur or the female Wizard as far as we can tell.