• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dice

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: Dice

Postby cynthialee » May 20th, 2015, 11:05 pm

I like the purple and the orange dice sets most and are the most likely to be used.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » May 21st, 2015, 3:42 pm

cynthialee wrote:I like the purple and the orange dice sets most and are the most likely to be used.

The calculations for this set are a little bit too big for an image file, so I'm attaching it to this post instead. I have all the possible ways to combine one or two White, Purple or Orange dice, as well as the average damage dealt when attacking or being attacked by Monsters with 2, 4 or 6 dice.
One or Two White, Purple and Orange Dice.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 21st, 2015, 7:35 pm

This has probably already been talked about, but it seems to me Purple = Barb...etc etc etc
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 4th, 2015, 1:29 am

Thantos wrote:Or maybe put a community order in with Chessex http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Opaque%20Di ... mainpg.htm for custom dice. If you order over 500 it works out very cheap per dice.
Ordered before and were great quality.

to be honest 3d printed dice are going to look rough/ expensive (delete as appropriate) there is a lot of be said for the nice polished bone of a proper dice :D

Actually getting a lazer cutter next month, so would be able to engrave some dice then :D Seems picking up blank ones is easy enough
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Blank-Red- ... 4897.l4275

If you laser cut dice, why not look into starting with wooden blanks so they feel more like the originals? (Will the etched edges be a problem?) Combine that with a how to paint your dice tutorial from somebody and I think interest will be stronger.

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:Is my maths right on this?
$0.45 per side making each dice $2.70 at an order of 500 dice that comes to $1350!
Distributed amongst us as 6 dice to a pack $16.20 that means 83 people would have to take part in order to get the 500 dice order.
$16.20 still seems a bit steep for 6 dice, that's £10.48 or 14.46 Euros.... I am not convinced.
Not including the shipping costs.

I'm not sure about the manufacturing process, but wouldn't it be cheaper since only 3 original designs are used?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » June 4th, 2015, 2:32 am

Thantos wrote:
Actually getting a lazer cutter next month, so would be able to engrave some dice then :D Seems picking up blank ones is easy enough
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Blank-Red- ... 4897.l4275

How much would it cost to employ your laser for some custom dices?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » June 4th, 2015, 6:59 am

For what it's worth, my yellow dice turned up last weekend. Very nice!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » June 4th, 2015, 10:03 am

Yea Daedalus, i think you are right, engraving on wood is the best bet actually. Not all plastics will engrave well.

Anderas wrote:
Thantos wrote:How much would it cost to employ your laser for some custom dices?

If you supply the artwork and materials? Not much. Only cost is power and wages of one of the guys to set up the 6 files and turn the dice over after each side is engraved.
Will wait until cutter is delivered first :P
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » June 4th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Artwork :)

Hm, after looking at them, i think i need to rework them.
Which format would be good? One PNG per side?

We can talk when you have your laser. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 4th, 2015, 1:36 pm

As everybody knows I don't like the concept,
but if you're gonna do this, I think the symbols need to overlap more at the same size to leave more white space at the edges and for higher visual appeal.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » June 5th, 2015, 2:44 am

Yes, I identified already an error beyond optical beauty. The symbols have to fit in a circle not in a square.

Feedback from the Altona Guy who is providing the colored dices is already available :
He'd need to order new stamps to produce my design, three of them. Each stamp costs 750 Euro, so that'll take a while or it is even a show stopper for him.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items