• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New spells, equipment, monsters, heroes and a few new rules

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: New spells, equipment, monsters, heroes and a few new ru

Postby Templar » January 29th, 2012, 9:57 am

cynthialee wrote: Don't want the werewolf beating you up? Be smart on how you cast it.

This is, of course, the other way of thinking about this spell ;) I think I will either keep it the way it is, or follow cynthialee's suggestion BUT lower the amount of body points caused for breaking the spell to 3.

For now, my magic ideas are running low. I have some ideas for Battle spells and Telekinesis spells, but these are very rough...instead I would be very happy to get some feedback for my Quest Artifacts! :mrgreen:

Here we have a group of three artifacts that are found in an early quest, where the heroes have to desecrate a Tomb of ancient Heroes of the Empire to obtain their powefull weapons for the good of the empire. At the end of the quest they have to surrender the artifacts for a sizeable reward. In the last Quest of my Quest Pack, they get to use them themselves.

The Staff from Ind
The staff from Ind counts as a staff that provides you with three additional body points. Additionally, instead of casting a normal spell, you can use the staff from Ind to cast the spell Fireball. This can only be done as many times as the number of spells you start with each quest, and not more frequent than every fourth turn.

Spear of the Wood Elves
The spear of the wood elves counts as a normal spear that allows you to roll three dice for attack. You may attack TWICE when using the spear of the wood elves. You are allowed to carry a shield when using this spear [note: I do not let the shield to be used with the spear or the staff] but you may not throw it.

The Meteoric Armour
The meteoric armour counts as a chain mail body armour and allows you to roll five dice for defence. You recieve five additional body points when equipped with the meteoric armour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cynthialee » January 29th, 2012, 11:49 am

Very powerful items. So powerful I would attach a curse to them for game balance.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » January 30th, 2012, 4:00 pm

cynthialee wrote:Very powerful items. So powerful I would attach a curse to them for game balance.

Yeah, they are powerfull. I was gonna even this out by better monsters and a mean boss in the last quest, but that might be the wrong approach...

A curse is a good idea for balance if I keep the power level of the items. Mayby a bonus for undead that attacks them? (since they stole them from a tomb...)

Otherwise I could just tone them down a bit, so that they are just somewhat better than the best storebought items.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » January 31st, 2012, 5:24 pm

templar - have you looked at the first page of this thread? it appears you have been the victim
of someone enforcing illustration copyright.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Templar » February 1st, 2012, 6:17 am

torilen wrote:templar - have you looked at the first page of this thread? it appears you have been the victim
of someone enforcing illustration copyright.

To be honest I have noticed that the whichcraft picture had been removed, but I Just thought there was some problem whith the picture page...I didn't stop to think why. I did not consider copywright issues at all for that matter...since it's all for private use anyway it never even crossed my mind :|

There is a very high chance that you are right, since one of the pictures (the best one I could find for "forked lightning") was a picture of a Jedi doing some good-guy force lightning. I would guess that this was the reason it was taken down. :oops:

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » February 6th, 2012, 6:24 am

After considering sadkitchens suggestion regarding hightened senses, I think this might be a reasonable change:

"This spell can be cast on any player. The player recieves one additional defence dice until the spell ends. After loosing a body point, the player may reroll one defence dice, and after loosing a second body point the player may reroll one additional defence dice. When the player looses a third body point the spell ends."

This combines my original idea with sadkitchens suggestion, and it also lets my home made character The Druid (only 1 in defence) get full use out of this spell. Keep in mind that Rock Skin gives +2 Defence dice in the swedish version, so I think (not sure) that they are sufficiently balanced now. Earth spells also gives you a healing option, which wilderness spells do not have...but now we are comparing diferent spell groups with each other, which could take the rest of the day. :ugeek: Right now, I am hungry :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » February 8th, 2012, 9:40 am

Just thought I'd upload the spell cards for whicthcraft again...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » February 23rd, 2012, 7:18 am

Here are all 8 of my artifact cards, 7 of which the players will find during my 11 mission quest pack. Most of them have been toned down with regards to feedback from Cynthialee...

Top row:
The Staff from Ind
The staff from Ind counts as a staff. Additionally, instead of casting a normal spell, you can use the staff from Ind to cast the spell Fireball. This can only be done as many times as the number of spell schools you start with each quest, and not more frequent than every fourth turn.

Spear of the Wood Elves
The spear of the wood elves counts as a normal spear. You may attack TWICE when using the spear of the wood elves. You are allowed to carry a shield when using this spear [note: I do not let the shield to be used with the spear or the staff] but you may not throw it.

The Meteoric Armour
The meteoric armour counts as a plate mail body armour and allows you to roll six dice for defence.

Book of Magic
The Book of Magic allows the player to cast all the spells from one of the players magic shools twice.

Bottom Row:
Crystal Ball
The Crystal Ball gives the player one extra intelligence point. Also, once per mission, all damage done that would have resulted in the death of the player will be ignored.

These two artifacts is mutually exclusive, since the dwarf and the assasin cannot be in play at the same time.
-----------------------------------------------
Unholy crossbow
The unholy crossbow counts as a crossbow. If it is used by the Assasin, monsters attacked by the unholy crossbow rolls two less dice for defence.
Rune axe
The Rune axe counts as a battleaxe. If it is used by the Dwarf, monsters attacked by the rune axe rolls three less dice for defence.
------------------------------------------------

Box of Void
The box of Void allows a player that can disarm traps to also disarm magical traps in the same way as normal.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome :D

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » February 23rd, 2012, 10:10 am

Rune Ax is way over powered unless you allow all targets of the ax weilder to at least take a 1 dice deffense.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » February 24th, 2012, 5:32 am

cynthialee wrote:Rune Ax is way over powered unless you allow all targets of the ax weilder to at least take a 1 dice deffense.

This seems reasonable. As long as the rune axe still is a little bit better than the sledgehammer, the greatsword and the poleaxe, then I am satisfied.
So minus three to armour saves to a minimum of one? Maybe even a minimum of two?

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics