• Advertisement

Lurchbrick's HeroQuest module for VASSAL

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Lurchbrick's HeroQuest module for VASSAL

Postby LurchBrick » Monday November 12th, 2012 4:24am

I probably don't need quite that high detail. :)

Basically drathe, as per your request, the BP tracker will be placed in Morcar's inventory window. Whatever you think is the best size for your use, I'll be happy to add it in.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » Wednesday February 6th, 2013 12:09am

Any news on the forthcoming update?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Wednesday February 6th, 2013 1:49pm

YA tell us where to send donations of booz
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Thursday February 7th, 2013 3:37am

If it is possible to have spectators, it could be nice to have a live play between the members of the forum. Or maybe if it is not possible to watch it live, one of the players could capture it with a program like “fraps” and upload it on youtube.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Thursday February 7th, 2013 12:30pm

Patroclus wrote:If it is possible to have spectators, it could be nice to have a live play between the members of the forum. Or maybe if it is not possible to watch it live, one of the players could capture it with a program like “fraps” and upload it on youtube.

The person who starts the game has the option to allow spectators. I believe it's allowed by default.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Friday February 8th, 2013 2:34am

Well, if we want to run an event we should consider the time zones. I believe the perfect day is Saturday or Sunday at 21:00 o’clock GMT.
Europe: On UK it’s 21:00 the evening, on Greece it’s 23:00 at night.
US: On LA it’s 13:00 at noon, on NY it’s 16:00 at noon.
AU: On Melbourne it’s 08:00 in the morning.

Of course we could make changes if one of the participants has a problem.

The participants should be chosen somehow or maybe at random, and the GM should make a new quest.

I’ve check the observer option and it’s possible to write on the game log chat but I am not so sure if this causes confusion to the players. I’ve never play with vassal to know. But if the video capturer uses fonts of 18 size maybe the youtube idea is the best solution.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Friday February 8th, 2013 10:59am

Here's a crazy idea that would take waaaayyy too long - but for some time when you have loads of free time, like lying in a bed with multiple fractures from a prolonged bout of snoo-snoo.

Make it possible to add as many players as they like! Also add new classes as seen on ...well, now that they are down - other websites. Like, uh NECROMANCER...and aqualish...and alligator man....and pikeman....and squire....and knight....and cleric....and vampire...and wood elf....and weed elf...

Of course, you would need help in making grafix for these new chars and maybe attribute menus where the player can select / set character attributes!

That's one hell of a mondo project! We should contact your chick and tell her to rupture your pelvis with snoo-snoo.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » Tuesday February 12th, 2013 8:31am

Sorry guys, I completely forgot about this.

The latest update (version 0.9) has been uploaded to the Vassal website. Here's the link: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:HeroQuest

New features include:

Ogre BP tracker
New dice windows
ALL expansion pack contents - cards, miniatures, etc
New option to restack the treasure deck
Ability to add treasure cards from Barbarian, Elf and WOM expansion packs

You will need the latest version of Vassal (3.2.2) for this module to work correctly. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that any old saved games will work with this new version.

Hope you enjoy the new additions.

LB

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Wednesday February 13th, 2013 1:48am

I'm impressed after tinkering with the update for about an hour. Hoping to get a game in soon if time permits.
Thanks Lurchbrick! |_P

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday February 13th, 2013 2:25pm

I still don't know what this looks like, and what VASSAL exactly is. can anyone post a video or screens?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics