• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

We need new game boards!

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

We need new game boards!

Postby esotericrite » October 5th, 2010, 4:02 pm

I think we should all try and submit what we can for new game boards. An outdoor environment would be nice and use tiles for buildings and structures. Something that we can use to bring a greater atmosphere of D&D. I got a great board from another site but it's not up anymore. It's called the sands of time game board or something. It's a very big file but I would love to share it with everyone if I can.
esotericrite

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: We need new game boards!

Postby drathe » October 5th, 2010, 5:04 pm

You can find some new boards here:
http://www.naglfar.de/index.php?go=over ... =0&limit=9 (the Egyptian ones are really cool).
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 5272/39#39 (Biff's town board)
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 82073149/0 (new design layouts)

I too would like to see more boards of different types and styles.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » October 8th, 2010, 7:23 am

I'm rockin the modular system now. All my new quests are modular.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby esotericrite » October 12th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Yea those sands boards are great, the others with grids are ok but lack the HQ "feel". I'd like to know who built the sands boards and get them to do some out doors ones too.
esotericrite

Postby CaptainNeatoman » October 13th, 2010, 2:04 am

I'm still trying to get a team to play through all the basic quests with me. Some guys like to expand before they've finished the official stuff. Not me. I'm boring.
CaptainNeatoman

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 10th, 2010, 9:13 am

How about an oilcloth version, so us foodies can give it a quick wipe down when our Healing Potions get up-ended in the heat of battle. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » November 10th, 2010, 10:59 am

I think the best idea is to make a piece of plexiglass with the proper grid on them, then create scenery mats for underneath. that way, you could still draw borders with dry erase markers, but it's really versatile in adding easy theming underneath to shine through.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » November 11th, 2010, 4:39 am

id like to see something more cityish or villagey (those arent real words are they?)
theres a slightly cynical part of me that wonders who goes around building all these dungeons? why do they always put a really big room in the middle for the boss to hang out in? how ever many are there? why do all bad guys wanna hang out underground in a dungeon? where are the toilets? is there not a single orc chieftan, champion of chaos, undead lord or evil wizard that wants to hang out in a nice hotel or castle or something?
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » November 11th, 2010, 5:09 am

Tott wrote:id like to see something more cityish or villagey (those arent real words are they?)
theres a slightly cynical part of me that wonders who goes around building all these dungeons? why do they always put a really big room in the middle for the boss to hang out in? how ever many are there? why do all bad guys wanna hang out underground in a dungeon? where are the toilets? is there not a single orc chieftan, champion of chaos, undead lord or evil wizard that wants to hang out in a nice hotel or castle or something?

I guess you need to go to Advanced HQ or Warhammer Quest, where rooms & corridors are added/created on the roll of a dice. That way, you could create your own environment. (How's that for a long word). :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » November 11th, 2010, 8:01 am

yeah the modular thing is different, but a bit too much hassle for my laziness to endure. there still just modular dungeons tho! just once can we set up a quest in a shopping mall. with toilets.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Expansion Topics