• Advertisement

Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby KrautScientist » Wednesday May 1st, 2019 12:56pm

The new terrain is indeed fantastic, and your models seem to be coming along swimmingly as well! Of course you do realise that, with terrain this good, you will absolutely need to give it your all during the painting process, right? ;)

Keep up the great work! :)
Image
User avatar
KrautScientist

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 128
Images: 35
Joined: Tuesday January 22nd, 2019 10:32am
Location: Germany
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Thursday May 2nd, 2019 4:08am

KrautScientist wrote:The new terrain is indeed fantastic, and your models seem to be coming along swimmingly as well! Of course you do realise that, with terrain this good, you will absolutely need to give it your all during the painting process, right? ;)

Keep up the great work! :)


Thanks mate! :) Yeah I KNOW!! :P The pressure is on!! :D :lol:
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 210
Images: 36
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Saturday May 4th, 2019 3:14pm

Ahhh I finally finished the orcs! Thanks to Krautscientist and his orc recipee! Now the goblins, skeletons and orcs are all done! :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Next are the fimirs :)

Any tips, suggestions or feedback are always welcome!
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 210
Images: 36
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby torilen » Saturday May 4th, 2019 9:25pm

That is some SICK terrain. Just looking at those first few pictures gives me
a panic attack for my characters - dark, creepy, enclosed...whew...too much
to deal with.

That looks like a ton of fun on a bun.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Friday October 9th, 2009 4:18am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Sunday May 5th, 2019 12:21pm

torilen wrote:That is some SICK terrain. Just looking at those first few pictures gives me
a panic attack for my characters - dark, creepy, enclosed...whew...too much
to deal with.

That looks like a ton of fun on a bun.


Thanks Thorilen! :) Yesss I cannot wait to play. I gonna use a black cloth to cover the areas they havent explored yet and use the soundeffects app with some cool cave sounds once we start to play again! I gonna make them suffer, muahuaua (evil laugh)! :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 210
Images: 36
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby KrautScientist » Monday May 6th, 2019 8:07pm

Dude, you're on fire with those monster models! Excellent work! I'm also feeling strangely proud when I see some of the models kinda resembling my recipes. It really feels great to be of help like that! :)

Two small suggestions, if I may: One, I think you can push the contrast of the Skeletons' bones a bit further (using a heavier wash before drybrushing). Two, even doing something simple to the bases (like gently drybrushing their edges white, similar to what I did) will go a long way and make them look more finished. Of course you can always go for more intricate stone designs as well -- but anyway, you'll be surprised to see how a slightly touched up base will make the entire model look more "complete" somehow.

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)
Image
User avatar
KrautScientist

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 128
Images: 35
Joined: Tuesday January 22nd, 2019 10:32am
Location: Germany
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Tuesday May 7th, 2019 6:30am

KrautScientist wrote:Dude, you're on fire with those monster models! Excellent work! I'm also feeling strangely proud when I see some of the models kinda resembling my recipes. It really feels great to be of help like that! :)

Two small suggestions, if I may: One, I think you can push the contrast of the Skeletons' bones a bit further (using a heavier wash before drybrushing). Two, even doing something simple to the bases (like gently drybrushing their edges white, similar to what I did) will go a long way and make them look more finished. Of course you can always go for more intricate stone designs as well -- but anyway, you'll be surprised to see how a slightly touched up base will make the entire model look more "complete" somehow.

Anyway, keep up the great work! :)


Ahh thanks brother! Thats great to hear from ya! Yes man you can be proud, you helped a fellow gamer to finally start painting and get actual results and a painted HeroQuest set!!! :D Super happy about it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was wondering how you did your bases. I ll definitely gonna try the drybrushing with the bases now. And also the skeletons...I was a bit cautious because I liked the rough look but you are right I ll go in for another wash and maybe drybrush after.

Thanks again for all your help! :)
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 210
Images: 36
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Figomurphy » Tuesday May 7th, 2019 8:43am

This project looks absolutely amazing. Things like this really bring out the inner child in me. Your painting also looks great. Very inspiring. You’ll have a great time with the Hirst arts stuff. The possibilities are endles. Thanks for sharing.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 320
Images: 3
Joined: Monday September 21st, 2015 6:14pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Thor-in » Tuesday May 7th, 2019 10:33am

Those look great.

I was sitting here looking at them, scratching my head wondering where I've seen these images lately.

Then it dawned on me, however I won't give out where I saw them. Privacy and all.

Great work Weltenlaeufer
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:


Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Thor-in

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 642
Images: 8
Joined: Monday April 28th, 2014 3:28pm
Location: New York State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Weltenlaeufers Expanded HQ Universe

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Tuesday May 7th, 2019 12:06pm

Thor-in wrote:Those look great.

I was sitting here looking at them, scratching my head wondering where I've seen these images lately.

Then it dawned on me, however I won't give out where I saw them. Privacy and all.

Great work Weltenlaeufer


Haha!! I am the sorcerer`s (!)...Krautscientists (cough) :lol: apprentice!

Thanks man! :)
Last edited by Weltenlaeufer on Tuesday May 7th, 2019 12:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 210
Images: 36
Joined: Monday February 18th, 2019 12:38pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest