• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Weltenlaeufer HQ Adventure

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Weltenlaeufers HQ Adventure

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 11th, 2019, 6:40 pm

So here is my version of Ye Old Inn. :D Starting point for the adventures.

Still thinking about what else I could have happen at the inn ..There is an upper level for the sleeping chambers but maybe I just leave them fool around in the lower area and tell them they are broke from drinking and cannot afford to get a room this time :lol:

Here are some pics.

Ye Old Inn (lower level):

Wine Cellar

And Upper Rooms:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Weltenlaeufer HQ Adventure

Postby tallyho » March 12th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Great stuff. I like it. Your players must be happy :)
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 12th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Thanks Tallyho! Thats such a nice thing to hear!! I hope they will, we gonna kick it off tomorrow! :)

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 13th, 2019, 7:40 am

The HeroQuest doors go extremely well with those floor plans.

I have a few inn ideas...

This is where the heroes meet companions, M@A, etc. They have to stay at the INN to hire them, boosting the cost with out changing the card. What you do is shuffle the deck and deal out a number of cards, representing who is currently at the INN. You could then place these miniatures on the board.

The deck also has Gambler, Gypsy, Thief, Tramp, Witch, Thug, Bounty Hunter etc

Gypsy is a fortuneteller, you pay her a number of gold coins to get a fate token. If you don't pay her, she curses you, the EW gets a fate token.
Thief, robs you of some gold or equipment.
Tramp, represents a nothing card.
Thug, will come in the dungeon carrying a torch for you. Torch: Reroll 1 Md6 if in same area, If same result discard.
Bounty Hunter, might be after Orcs teeth, Chaos Orbs (on the helmet) etc. Earning you gold back.

Gambler unlocks MONSTER MASH. A high low guessing game utilising the UK ed Monster deck. The EW changes the odds from 2-6% depending on how well they've figured out the deck. I really need to create a thread explaining how it works. I never did figure out a dice game.

Using the INN board, the EW could reveal the card when the heroes approach the model. Not sure how the Thief would work... Possibly you've already been robbed but don't know it yet, a chance to catch him, needs work. With the card no board, you've simply been robbed, what ever is gone is gone.

It's in armoury link below

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 13th, 2019, 9:31 am

Wow mitchiemasha!! That sounds epic! I dont know if I understand all yet, I gotta reread it and look at the cards but it sounds like the perfect thing for in between missions! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for this!!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 13th, 2019, 9:36 am

Here is a link for the Old Inn background athmo:

https://tabletopaudio.com/tavern_sp.htmlT

This is soundscape heaven...different scenarious, moods, themes, weather, doors, effects, all customizable, you can save your set and ready to trigger at the push of a button. Next level stuff. :mrgreen:

Thanks again benvoliothefirst for the link!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 13th, 2019, 9:38 am

I don't understand it all yet myself. Seeing your Inn board has seriously sparked my interest in developing the idea further. I'm eager to read of others ideas and twists.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 13th, 2019, 9:52 am

Yeah your ideas are inspiring to me as well! Maybe we can create a card deck for this in the heroquest look. I like the idea of drawing cards for encounters at the inn. Maybe not just for hiring but more for events that happen AT the inn, like the thief that robs you, an old wizard that might teach a spell, a fortune teller that gives you a clue about a treasure or something in the game....we could come up with a lot of stuff I think.

I am getting deep into this soundapp right now, this is soooo killer!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 15th, 2019, 7:52 am

So we had our first adventure with the additional boards and the "The Rescue of Sir Ragnar" quest. What a battle! :lol: :lol:

The intro boards worked great, first the Inn where they managed to get the Innkeeper drunk so he fell asleep on the bar and find the secret spellscroll in the basement. They got the mission from mysterious El Dude at the Inn and went travelling two days and nights to the southern ruins (Board 2), where they got hit by traps and after a bit of searching found some gold coins and the secret passage to the dungeon.

I was lifefeeding soundeffects from the tabletopaudio app....it was a trip. I mean I started at the Inn, outside, with soundeffects for wind blowing, light rain, Inn sign squeaking and when they stepped inside I switched sound effects to open door, small crowd, footsteps, rain outside, fireplace....
This app even has an Innkeeper, shouting to leave their axe at the door!! :D:D And the soundeffect for the mission guy " Psssst---wanna make some easy money....I got something for you!" This live app is a trip!!

So at the ruins I switched to different sounds, wet footstops, crows, occasional dogs barking in the distance, low wind, stream, thunderstorm from far away. And added some tribal drums from the distance once they found the passage.... :mrgreen:

Once they hit the board, it was epic battle. Dungeon vibe sounds....I triggered battle music once they hit a room with monsters and switched sounds fitting the situation.

I used the american rules which was so much more fun then what I remembered from when I was a kid. I used this overhauled questbook by I forgot his name from someone on here on the forum...its with the american layoutmaps I think, so a bit of a mix with the Europe edition which I have.

Once they found Sir Ragnar and the alarm kicked off I played this really epic, scary dark pulse sound in the dungeon and put everything on the board. They got friggin scared!! The dwarf was almost dead already. It was so much fun. They tried to make it to the stairs trying to fight off the onslaught of orcs and goblins. The barbarian didnt make it, neither did the dwarf. It was the elf and the wizard against two orcs and a goblin in the end right outside the stairway room.....They made it....but BARELY! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was the perfectly balanced difficulty with this questbook and the american bodypoints. I cannot wait to play the next one. The group is hooked! :lol: :lol: (evil laugh!) :D :mrgreen: It was a blast!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KrautScientist » March 15th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Fantastic work on those extra boards, and the sound effect idea is just brilliant! Having you as a GM does sound like a ton of fun! :)

Rewards:
KrautScientist

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics