• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lord of The Rings HeroQuest

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Lord of The Rings HeroQuest

Postby Ryno » August 12th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Has it been done?

C'mon someone has to have done something by now. With it being the greatest fantasy franchise of all time, lots of suitable minis available, it's so tempting.

Is there enough content from the books, movies, video games, etc. to make an entire quest book?
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lord of The Rings HeroQuest

Postby drathe » August 12th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Probably enough to make numerous Quest Books. Not sure if it's ever been attempted before. Ron Shirtz has an LOTR section on his tile page here. There's a few Rohan banners, a Balin's Tomb tile set (in hexagonal) and a Moria Gauntlet tile set (the bridge of Khazad-dûm).

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » August 12th, 2010, 9:32 pm

link?!?

In fact, when I made a fast 'n' dirty explanation of HQ to my wife (the only thing she accepts fast 'n' dirty from me, dammit) she directly asked me "Is this, like, Lord of the RIngs???"
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 12th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » August 13th, 2010, 7:36 am

Oh ya, I've seen those. The guy who wants to sell his HQ stuff elsewhere?
Boy, if GW ever got hold of HQ, they'd probably try to sue his ass off immediately, never mind the 'cease and desist'.

If he is turning some coin with some of that, maybe I should get my DM to sell his exhaustive set of rules and tables...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 13th, 2010, 12:12 pm

He's only selling the deluxe series tiles, which are all larger than a regular printer can print. No one can sue him for making his own generic tiles.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby link_triforce21 » October 9th, 2010, 12:55 am

el_flesh wrote:link?!?

What needs to be done?
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » October 9th, 2010, 9:57 am

That link was for Ron Shirz tiles...but for the rest of the LotR, there has got to be stuff out there I am sure...
The Balrog would be cool as a "mini". Maybe just use a Diablo to represent him; they looked identical to me...

Rewards:
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 25th, 2017, 2:26 pm

More on a LotR Quest Pack was started in this topic. Maybe someone will take this on one day . . .
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics