• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Group][Single Quest] The Pitcher Plant Pond

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

[Group][Single Quest] The Pitcher Plant Pond

Postby torilen » July 4th, 2018, 10:06 am

I wrote a new encounter setting for my game system over the weekend, and posted it
this morning. I've formatted it as best as I could for HeroQuest. Here it is. Enjoy!

Product Summary:
Carnivorous plants exist in the mortal realm, but they are small, pretty to look at, and only eat insects.
Carnivorous plants from the Wild Eternal, a realm filled with animals, beasts, and living plant creatures,
are much more terrifying and dine on any creature that gets trapped in its corrosive digestive juices.

Within these pages you will find one such carnivorous plant: The Pitcher Plant Pond. Here you will discover
the lore behind these creatures, a description of them, a means of defeating them, and the information
needed to include them in your Questing Heroes games.

pitcher plant pond 6-30-18.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Group][Single Quest] The Pitcher Plant Pond

Postby Daedalus » July 9th, 2018, 3:31 pm

You've got loads of creative effort there. I'd say the roleplay content of creature background qualifies this more as a separate game aid than a Quest. Why not start a new topic for your game at Board index ‹ Fantasy Gaming Rooms ‹ Other Fantasy Games Area ‹ Other Games Room? There you could organize your various submissions under the single banner of Questing Heroes. Previous Questing Heroes topics could also be linked from the introductory OP.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby torilen » July 9th, 2018, 5:57 pm

If you think it would be better elsewhere, I could do that.

I do already have a thread for my Questing Heroes materials, under Ye Olde Pub...the one
thread "Fantasy Game Strategies Now Open". I usually try to differentiate things separately
if I've formatted them for HeroQuest use. I'm sure you've noticed, there is not a LOT of
difference. Mostly terminology...using Combat Dice and "one red die" instead of simply
using six sided dice or 1d6 and such....Evil Wizard instead of Game Master.

I understand your reasoning behind saying this is more a gaming aid instead of a quest,
in terms of HeroQuest. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 10th, 2018, 10:42 am

Another suggestion could be Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ HeroQuest Additions ‹ Other Expansion Topics. I see you have already collected a good deal of your earlier HQ-hybrid work there. If you want to emphasize your game's compatibility, that may be a better room.

Either way, keeping your other topics in other appropriate rooms like the Pub is fine. I think a link to them from a master topic in the Other Games Room or the Other Expansion Topics could help out those interested in checking out the scope of your system.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics