• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Whitebeard's Projects

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Whitebeard's Projects

Postby Daedalus » September 2nd, 2018, 3:19 am

Wow. This is gonna be good!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » September 2nd, 2018, 9:03 am

it looks cool!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » September 9th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Last month I made this using a multi-colored LED Tea-Light. And yes, I have been reading too much Conan :barbarian: . The scene is a homage to the final scene in movie Conan The Destroyer. The human sacrifice is complete and the sorcerer is about to awaken the ancient slumbering demi-god "Gorf-Tha" by re-uniting it with its horn.

HornOfGorf-tha_1080p.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » September 10th, 2018, 5:42 am

Awesome! Love lighting effects in dungeons :D and thanks for giving that cultist some love, first one i have seen painted up actually :P
Cant beat a good bit of conan, but we dont talk about the remake xD
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » September 10th, 2018, 5:59 am

Love that scene! Was it done with the same colors you use for testing on the printed Heroquest board?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » September 10th, 2018, 7:38 am

Anderas wrote:Love that scene! Was it done with the same colors you use for testing on the printed Heroquest board?

Yes, it is the same craft paint and the same black, gray, white, and brown. I will need to buy some more colors as the plan with board is to match as perfectly as possible the original.

I am about 40% done printing the board. I had some tile warping issues to figure out before it got rolling. The board is divided into 36 sections which will need to be glued together to form 2 or 4 pieces. I also ended up choosing 35mm as my title size.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » September 10th, 2018, 7:49 am

So now you need rubble markers and traps and all that, too

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » September 10th, 2018, 7:59 am

Thantos wrote:Awesome! Love lighting effects in dungeons :D and thanks for giving that cultist some love, first one i have seen painted up actually :P
Cant beat a good bit of conan, but we dont talk about the remake xD

That cultist is exactly what it needs to be. And it fits right in to this and any similar scene.

There are two elements I always try to include in the complete scenes I have posted over the past two months. A tie back to HeroQuest and something from Zealot.

This month will be difficult. The build requirement is tooth picks... I've been wanting to build "a large wooden badger" for a little while. And here is my chance! "Run away!!!"

Sadly I have mostly your dungeon accessories and this scene will be outside. And I did not select your Dungeon Bunny in any of my orders. That would go well in the foreground.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » September 10th, 2018, 8:03 am

Anderas wrote:So now you need rubble markers and traps and all that, too

Good point. One step at a time though. :)
Traps and secret doors are all set thanks to my Zealot collection. I would like to make up some 35mm cubes for blocked hallways. And rubble is easy.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » September 10th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Question... i'm about to print the tiles at the bottom of the board. Should they include the HeroQuest boarder? At 35mm the board is very large. It will fit on my table, but not much room for those sitting accross. I was thinking of elevating it to make room for Zargon and player components. I still may set it on some 2x4s when i setup a game, but leaving this part out could help a lot. Oppinions?

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics