• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cooperative Casting Part 1

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Cooperative Casting Part 1

Postby torilen » February 9th, 2017, 10:46 am

Okay...so, to give your heroes this ability:
In my game system, characters use gold and treasure to train to learn magic, combat moves, knowledge, etc.
So, it doesn't really translate to HQ very well, in that sense.

However, each of the cooperative casting effects...flame funnel, electrical cloak, and mudman wall...cost
300 gold for the training. One hero would have to know one spell, and the other hero would have to know the
other spell, and the training for teaching them to use those spells together is 300 gold...I suppose 150 each, if
split between them.

If you allow your heroes to gain some sort of skill card or similar "leveling up" method, I would say make them
use two different leveling options. Maybe have a training card for the first card, then the actual ability for
the next card they can choose. It should not be a very easy thing to learn.

(Realize, in my system, they would have had to train to use magic, and train to learn the base spell, and then
train to learn the cooperative casting ability for each effect...and there is a time element included, as well.
Each effect takes 8 hours per day of training, for 15 days in a row.)

If you want to use a gold amount for learning this ability, I would keep it at 300 gold. My system is somewhat
different from the basic HQ in terms of how much things cost and the BP and MP and spells and such for monsters,
but not so much that gold amount cannot transfer directly. At the worst, if you want to change it...I would not
make it cost less than 200 gold.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Cooperative Casting Part 1

Postby Daedalus » May 23rd, 2017, 5:31 pm

I think your method of learning cooperative casting works best for how you envision it. However, I do like to tinker...

Here's a different type of cooperative casting using a Spell Scroll:

Spell Scroll

Conflagration
This spell may be cast on a monster in combination with either Tempest or Fire of Wrath. Both spells take effect and damage may not be reduced. The supplementary spell may be cast by another Hero if done in the same round of turns. May be used by any Hero. Scroll crumbles
to dust after it is used..
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics