• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What scale Dollhouse fits?

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

What scale Dollhouse fits?

Postby cynthialee » November 22nd, 2016, 2:35 pm

Looking through eBay at dollhouse furniture and there are a few different scales of doll house stuff.

Which scale would fit best with HQ mini's?

Anyone knowledgeable on this topic?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What scale Dollhouse fits?

Postby clmckay » November 22nd, 2016, 3:46 pm

Interesting idea. Anyway you can post a link to some you fancy? I'd imagine some of the older ones could come reasonably close.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » November 22nd, 2016, 4:13 pm

I'm not knowledgeable on dollhouse scales...

But if you are looking for stuff to use with HQ I think you'd generally be way better off with stuff made specifically for dungeon games. Like the stuff from Zealot etc.
Dollhouse items are most often of a more "realistic" look which in my opinion don't really mix that well with HQ.

What exactly are you planning?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 22nd, 2016, 4:18 pm

Hmmm...
I have not the first clue about dollhouse scales, but here's at least what I know about comparing a modelling scale with a wargame scale:

I've read time and time again that people try to combine 28mm with 1/72 and are disappointed because of the former's (mostly) heroic scale.
Even if not heroic 1/72 should look pretty small in direct comparison although the height might be right.
It's like standing a Lego Minifig next to a 1/43 scale model car. The sizes in height fit on first glance, but ... meh.

But with furniture the case might be different. It should probably look bulky and be bigger than 1/72.
I'd try 1/64 or 1/56, but then again I have no idea if these scales are even an industry on their own and worth looking for.
I think in general that a similarity in the level of detail and the overall "style" is more important than the "correct" scale, at least if the scale is close enough.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » November 22nd, 2016, 4:50 pm

Oh! You are a Chaos Warlock now!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 22nd, 2016, 5:26 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Oh! You are a Chaos Warlock now!

I've always been.
I fraggle up all my spells, yes, but I'm evil and have two horns with one ball in between.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » November 22nd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Is that new? I don't recall anyone else having tht, though you're the post leader. Wonder whats after that?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » November 22nd, 2016, 7:53 pm

cynthialee wrote:Looking through eBay at dollhouse furniture and there are a few different scales of doll house stuff.

Which scale would fit best with HQ mini's?

Anyone knowledgeable on this topic?

Looked into this years ago, I don't recall all of the details, but I do remember that standard Dollhouse Scales work VERY differently than traditional gaming and other hobby scales. They use, if I recall correctly, what they call 1/4 inch, and 1/2 inch as the most common scale, and both are significantly larger than 25-32 mm miniatures. And, though it does go up from there, I don't think it goes down. Again, based on research I did like 12-15 years ago.

And, while I agree with G-K that many of the "Furniture" sets available are oddly detailed for gaming, the main reason I was looking into it back in the day was more for all the cool accessory items out there. At the time finding plates, cups, cutting boards, little blocks of cheese, bowls of fruit, and so on, was much more difficult than it is today. Or at least it seems like these types of things are more common now.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but I remember being a bit frustrated with the lack of information out in the world in terms of converting Dollhouse Scales to other hobby scales. I'm guessing that situation has not improved?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 23rd, 2016, 12:13 am

As my daughter is fan of zombicide Clovis, i was looking into dollhouses, too.

In fact, the smallest house is just good for the room size. But the furniture in that house is way out of scale for the rooms. It's like our big old paladin Clovis can just so look on the table.

My daughter doesn't seem to mind, as she has the same situation with her being 102 cm (three and a half feet) she can just so see what's on the tables, so apparently that fits with her experience.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » November 24th, 2016, 8:37 pm

I got some barrels from the model shop. Came with a wood type watch tower for a larger scale, i use that on scalextric. It had barrels of different sizes so the smaller ones are perfect for HQ.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Expansion Topics