• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2016, 6:03 pm

I don't know how I missed this thread...Doh!

Sparky, this all looks fantastic. Seriously, the work you have done on the Dungeon in particular is very cool. I also dig the minis.

And Showdown, damn! Those cards are really awesome. And, I really dig your Board too--I think I also mentioned that elsewhere.

The cool thing about these Projects, is that while the style and problem resolutions vary from designer to designer, (FigoMurphy's stuff is awesome too), they all convey a unique approach. Sparky and Figo really capture the depth of using terrain while maintaining the feel of a board game environment. Showdown's board, really captures the nuances of the original board in a very elegant way, while adding so much aesthetically.

I'd be happy to play on any of you folk's amazing boards... Honestly, I'd jump at the chance to play a game of HQ on a board made with an old pizza box and some crayons, but still. You folks are truly inspired, great work.

And Sparky, keep on keepin' on... I'm enjoying seeing this project come to life.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby whitebeard » May 4th, 2016, 9:06 pm

Sparkymark wrote:Any ideas to improve on these are welcome.

No ideas. They are perfect!

I finally ordered the "Ampersand barbarian". The head was local and showed up quickly... will need to wait a little while for the rest. I'm sorry to hear that yours breaks easy. I've not had this problem with any metal figures thus far. When the mating surfaces are not flush and tight, I mash green stuff in the joint, then add glue. Since the green stuff holds some water, this makes the super glue very quick to react and I have found it to be very strong.

And that Ampersand dwarf is not pointing which way to go... He's informing everybody which monster will die next!

My dwarf is toasting to a good battle which makes an interesting story...

> "To battle!" said the dwarf and he took a drink |_P .

> "You call that a trap?" said the dwarf and he took another drink |_P .

> "Yep, that elf is dead. Hail the victorious dead!" said the dwarf and he took another drink |_P .

> "There's a jewel in this old boot!" said the dwarf and he took another drink |_P .

> :roll1: :roll1: "Wait up! Thish shoddy shtonework ish uneven!!" said the dwarf and he took another drink |_P .

And everyone knows that extra finger is just flash added on by Thanos! :oops:
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » May 11th, 2016, 4:22 am

Thanks, Qordaq and Whitebeard. I like the dwarfs extra digit, makes him unique :)
The only miniature from the original 4 heros to survive the customizing, is the elf. I liked him the most. Here is my effort along with my complete lineup of hero's ready to kick ass!
Next up, the Henchmen.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » May 11th, 2016, 7:44 am

nice!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » June 18th, 2016, 4:45 am

I got my henchmen painted up. My plan was always to paint them in 4 different colours to help distinguish them. That way each hero can be allocated a colour and they will know exactly where their men are on the board without confusion. Kind of a bit like team kit on a football pitch.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 18th, 2016, 5:02 am

I get the concept
...but what if one hero wants two halberdiers and a scout?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sparkymark » June 18th, 2016, 5:13 am

The weapons are interchangable KK. The 12 henchmen have enough weapons to be 6 swordsmen, 6 scouts, 6 halbadiers or 6 scouts.
I have thought about buying some more henchmen off ebay, just incase a hero wants to employ more than 3 henchmen.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 18th, 2016, 5:49 am

Sparkymark wrote:The weapons are interchangable KK. The 12 henchmen have enough weapons to be 6 swordsmen, 6 scouts, 6 halbadiers or 6 scouts.
I have thought about buying some more henchmen off ebay, just incase a hero wants to employ more than 3 henchmen.

Duh. Good morning, brain. Didn't even think that far. Need coffee. Now.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » June 20th, 2016, 6:55 am

knightkrawler wrote:Duh. Good morning, brain. Didn't even think that far. Need coffee. Now.

:lol:

I similarly painted my Men-at-Arms to have differet epaulet colours for the same reason

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 20th, 2016, 4:43 pm

I proxied them with other minis (Confrontation, mostly) and added some types.
Three of every type, which imposes itself as a limit of number per type on the table.
The other limit is 3 per hero, so there's never more than 12 in all, never more than 3 per type.
That's where my lack of morning glory there came from... I grudgingly parted with the modular weapons.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics