• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Sparkymark » Friday January 10th, 2020 5:45pm

Next up i got the chaos warrior painted up. He’s pretty menacing, being half as tall again as the original.
Fairly pleased how he’s turned out.
15A90A9D-482E-4B1A-BCB8-B799434B2AA6.jpeg

ED728619-9933-457E-AC12-72FF87DF2F0A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » Friday January 10th, 2020 5:55pm

oh man.. you know how to make me jealous...

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Monday March 23rd, 2020 11:52am

Sparky, I got a question, I recently started to paint my hirstarts tiles, making some modular tiles as a sideproject.

I am priming at the moment with Valejo Primer Spray and then go on to add 2- 3 layers of drybrushing.

I was wondering how you painted your tiles and especially what kind of paint you used. I have a feeling I will go through a lot of paint if I use my citadel/vallejo model paints and thought there might be a cheaper option.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Sparkymark » Friday March 27th, 2020 5:31pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:Sparky, I got a question, I recently started to paint my hirstarts tiles, making some modular tiles as a sideproject.

I am priming at the moment with Valejo Primer Spray and then go on to add 2- 3 layers of drybrushing.

I was wondering how you painted your tiles and especially what kind of paint you used. I have a feeling I will go through a lot of paint if I use my citadel/vallejo model paints and thought there might be a cheaper option.

I bought some test pots of house paint from my local DIY store. I used the castle grey colour scheme that Bruce Hirst talks about.
So i mixed Black and White paint to get 3 shades of grey. The first darkest shade needs more water mixed with it.
There’s no point using expensive paint for the dry brushing process. Although lately i have been priming my pieces with Black spray primer.
The spray gets right into the nooks and crannys which can be hard to hit with a brush, and you end up with white plaster showing.
My other advice when mixing the shades is to make a big enough batch of each so you get a good consistent match on all your creations.
Hope this helps.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Monday March 30th, 2020 4:45pm

Sparkymark wrote:
Weltenlaeufer wrote:Sparky, I got a question, I recently started to paint my hirstarts tiles, making some modular tiles as a sideproject.

I bought some test pots of house paint from my local DIY store. I used the castle grey colour scheme that Bruce Hirst talks about.
So i mixed Black and White paint to get 3 shades of grey. The first darkest shade needs more water mixed with it.
There’s no point using expensive paint for the dry brushing process. Although lately i have been priming my pieces with Black spray primer.
The spray gets right into the nooks and crannys which can be hard to hit with a brush, and you end up with white plaster showing.
My other advice when mixing the shades is to make a big enough batch of each so you get a good consistent match on all your creations.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the tips Sparky! Cool I gonna use housepaint and a black spray primer as well from now on, I saw the difficulty with the white spots cause my sprayprimer was empty and I had to use a brush.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics