Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby whitebeard » Monday June 5th, 2017 3:00pm

Wizard rooms with secret doors could have tapestries.

"We are here to see the tapestries. This is a castle isn't it?"

I would use any extra banners I have from various regiments to make them.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Big Bene » Tuesday June 6th, 2017 8:06am

Sparkymark wrote:Sounds pretty cool . Just how would i make a tapestry i wonder? And are orc's gifted with a needle and thread? U got my brain working now!
Most certainly not. But given the high rank design of some of the other furniture, the orcs don't seem to be the ones responsible for the inerieur.
For tapestries I would print out and cut out some fitting designs on paper, stiffen it with glue and mold some folds before it dries.
By the way, I also like the mirror idea. Had the same thing in mind for some time and would like to see it realized.
(as for my own board, if it ever becomes reality, I will make real doors that can be easily put in to replace a secition of the walls).
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » Wednesday June 7th, 2017 5:20am

Tapestries. Another suggestion for Eddie's next KSer :)

Nice to see some more continued nice work
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Tuesday June 13th, 2017 4:12pm

Ok, the 3rd corner section is complete :) . I decided to throw caution to the wind on this one by adding some colour and a mural to one of the rooms. Did i do right? I thought it would break up the monotone of the castle grey colour scheme.
Looking forward to cracking on with the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle but first i have to get casting again.

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Sparkymark

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » Wednesday June 14th, 2017 10:50pm

Wow! You continue to amaze, Sparky! I do like the splash of the red room there, but think it will likely look strange when the whole board is together and there is just the one single room with colour... My suggestion would be to do one or two more rooms with some colour. Maybe not a big mural type like this one, but at least some tile checkering or something to break up the grayness of the piece as a whole.

Also, the red might be a little too smooth? Not sure if that makes sense, but all the other tiles really show the texture well, but the red room looks like a smooth coat of paint with no wear and tear, no cracks, and no unevenness. It does make it stand out, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing for a permanent addition to the board. I'd like to see that room a little scuffed up, just not sure what the best way to achieve that would be.

Please keep in mind that these comments are constructive nitpicking, as the piece looks beautiful. I love the shading you did for the red room, and the choice to go with the evil bunny rabbit (black shield) symbol is a strong one.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Thursday June 15th, 2017 12:57am

That is awesome! I'd so love to play on that board.. |_P
Looking forward to seeing this finished.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » Thursday June 15th, 2017 3:32am

Stunning work Sparky! I love the new room. I think now you'll have to do at least 3 more rooms in colour, dotted around the board. All in exactly the same position as this room, just to satisfy my OCD tendencies :?
Keep up the the good work. I love this thread. Can you take a photo with the original board, just to see the scale?

Rewards:
Figomurphy

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Saturday June 24th, 2017 4:13pm

Thanks for the encouraging replies. I do plan on doing one more coloured rooms on the last section of the board. This should prevent the board looking odd with just the red room. I will leave it as a surprise what i plan to do with that room. :)
Figo, i will take a picture with the original board once i complete the whole board. I'm busy casting the bricks to finish it so shouldn't be too long.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Sunday September 24th, 2017 2:59am

Showdown35 wrote:Please keep in mind that these comments are constructive nitpicking, as the piece looks beautiful. I love the shading you did for the red room, and the choice to go with the evil bunny rabbit (black shield) symbol is a strong one.

That black shield is a rorschach test for HQ geeks. Evil bunny, walrus . . . now I see an evil cat from the torso up.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday September 24th, 2017 4:45am

Daedalus wrote:
Showdown35 wrote:Please keep in mind that these comments are constructive nitpicking, as the piece looks beautiful. I love the shading you did for the red room, and the choice to go with the evil bunny rabbit (black shield) symbol is a strong one.

That black shield is a rorschach test for HQ geeks. Evil bunny, walrus . . . now I see an evil cat from the torso up.

Oh geez, yes, there it is. Short ears, heart-shaped nose and very very evil.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics