• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Anderas » Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:40am

Careful with that spray
Use too much and there will be grey stuff in the recesses.

Your Gargoyle is funny. On first glance I thought it was not painted, only on second glance did I see what you did.

The Warhammer Zombie parts are superb for random use everywhere! For actual Zombies I prefer Zombicide Zombies, in part because mine are painted.

Go on with your dugeon project! I can't wait to see it finished. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sparkymark » Sunday June 4th, 2017 3:44pm

I think i have settled on a secret passage design. The first unpainted one was the first prototype which slotted over walls like the doors. I wasnt too happy with the look of it so i went for a more simple design. This i hope looks more realistic, with a piece of black card glued to fit against the walls to imitate a hole in the wall.
Opinions positive or negative welcome.

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday June 4th, 2017 4:38pm

Looks good enough for me. Nice design... |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » Sunday June 4th, 2017 6:13pm

Second door looks great. Doesn't need to be too elaborate.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday June 4th, 2017 6:52pm

Is it visible at all on the opposite side? Somehow a black card to represent a hole or possibly just another secret door.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Sunday June 4th, 2017 8:54pm

The door looks great. And again, this project is awesome! I would not sped any more time on the secret doors until the whole thing is done.

j_dean80 wrote:Is it visible at all on the opposite side? Somehow a black card to represent a hole or possibly just another secret door.

If you are concerned about j_dean's comment here, you can use a mirror of the same piece on the opposite side of the wall and place it like the piece is spinning about a central hinge. If you have it open even less (10 or 20 degrees maybe) such that the door is only a sloping protrusion from the wall without a visible back-side, the illusion may be more complete when mated with a mirror piece on the other side. Keep up the great work!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Monday June 5th, 2017 8:27am

I like the idea of placing a secret door piece on both sides of the walls. That way they will be visable to the player, cant have them too secret haha. I will need to manufacture a heap of them to have enough for some quests.
This will have to wait as i throw myself back into the construction of the main board.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Monday June 5th, 2017 12:45pm

Two more ideas here.

Often a secret door is only a secret from one side. So any kind of rock door on the other side would be cool.

Also a pair of tapestries that slip over the wall with some wire might also work in more than a few quests.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Ogre
Ogre

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » Monday June 5th, 2017 12:56pm

whitebeard wrote:
Also a pair of tapestries that slip over the wall with some wire might also work in more than a few quests.

Damn! I love this idea! I don't use a 3D board with walls. I just add the 3D furniture to the layout, including TCs secret door. But damn! If I had a 3D dungeon, I would do this!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Monday June 5th, 2017 2:48pm

whitebeard wrote:Two more ideas here.

Often a secret door is only a secret from one side. So any kind of rock door on the other side would be cool.

Sounds pretty cool . Just how would i make a tapestry i wonder? And are orc's gifted with a needle and thread? U got my brain working now!

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics