• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Figomurphy » November 21st, 2016, 7:22 am

Sparky, this is a thing of beauty. I absolutely love it. That's going to be so much fun to play on. Please post a photo of all completed section together. Keep up the great work.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sparkymark » November 26th, 2016, 7:03 am

Thanks, here you go Figo, a couple of shots of everything i got done together :)

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » November 26th, 2016, 3:42 pm

That looks absolutely amazing Sparky. It's a work of art. We can't wait to see it finished and populated. Look forward to more updates.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 28th, 2017, 10:02 am

I got my Twisting Catacombs stuff a couple of weeks back. This stuff was worth the wait. The detail is amazing and i hope my painting will do it justice!
Eager to make a start, i chose a piece i thought would be simple to begin with. So i picked out the tomb.
The texture of the tomb makes for very easy dry brushing. I have wondered wether i should have glued a simple 2x3 hirst arts tile base to bottom to help clarify the tombs footprint on the board as it struggles to cover a 2x3 base.

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparkymark on January 28th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » January 28th, 2017, 11:29 am

I would leave it as it is, it looks fantastic! You can easily get 2x4 out of that in the middle of any room.

Unless the furniture footprint is considered "tactical" (in the boss room, etc.), I've decided to allow the smaller footprint to be used for play. I have a larger board re-print so the 2x3 pieces can be confusing. I've found that For the most part, many of the rooms are over cluttered and this will help with that. In cases where the furniture is strategic, I will just put out more of it (augmenting my preferred TC stuff with the originals). And I will probably buy a few more pieces... The large cupboard could be two cupboards, or one cupboard and some barrels for example. The tables looks lie another area where I could use a few more as well. Generic dungeon debris should work most everywhere.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 28th, 2017, 11:48 am

My dungeon will have 40 mm squares and I don't play anything under 30 mm.
Both of these allow the 2x3 HQ furniture to only occupy 1x2 squares, which I absolutely love.
The things you can do with two tables in the middle of the room, with squares between them...
My quests are written that way, using the MiniFurniture board layout and the Mini(Furniture piece) in All-In-One Furniture in HeroScribe.

I've also been biding my time to shove some of the money I don't have into Thantos' pesky British bum to get at that furniture.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 28th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Whitebeard, thanks i guess i could leave it, just an idea i had.

KK, 40mm squares must make an enormous board, do you have any photos on the forum of it? I take your point about smaller furniture footprints, it would create more space for battles within rooms.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm

It's gonna be modular, not a complete board, so most quests won't cause any problems.
I've been rewriting them anyway.
As a complete board it would be a little more than 3x4 foot (as I would use double corridors), my table is 80x120 cm.

I'll open up a thread when there are any results.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » January 28th, 2017, 5:45 pm

knightkrawler wrote:It's gonna be modular, not a complete board, so most quests won't cause any problems.
I've been rewriting them anyway.
As a complete board it would be a little more than 3x4 foot (as I would use double corridors), my table is 80x120 cm.

I'll open up a thread when there are any results.

Sounds pretty cool, i'll look forward to that thread.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » February 19th, 2017, 6:36 am

Another update here showing what i have been up to on my projects over the past month.
I got the torture rack painted up and also the spiral stairs, both from the Twisting Catacombs kickstarter. I considered adding blood and the odd torn off limb to the rack but talked myself out of it. The stairs however, i felt needed jazzing up a bit so added some toadstools and a rat.

IMG_2254.JPG

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

I have also got back into the swing of casting hirst art blocks to build myself a nice stockpile, ready for more dungeon construction.

IMG_2250.JPG
Last edited by Sparkymark on February 19th, 2017, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics