• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Remixed Maike05 Character Sheet

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Remixed Maike05 Character Sheet

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 18th, 2015, 3:48 pm

I recently downloaded the xcf Gimp file of Maike05's awesome character sheet, found here: http://yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.com ... ike05.html

There were lots of awesome layers included and I shifted some things around to my liking!

(Thanks Maike05 for putting this together and offering the xcf file!

Preview:

Download link to my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zGYN ... sp=sharing

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Remixed Maike05 Character Sheet

Postby cynthialee » December 18th, 2015, 6:39 pm

That is awesome. I'd print it off and use it if I needed a new sheet. Rock on.

Only 'Note' I would make is to say that the space with the Herald Device eats up allot of empty space. Make that a notes area instead...?
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 18th, 2015, 9:26 pm

cynthialee wrote:That is awesome. I'd print it off and use it if I needed a new sheet. Rock on.

Only 'Note' I would make is to say that the space with the Herald Device eats up allot of empty space. Make that a notes area instead...?

Nice pun :lol: I included the Herald area to hearken back to the UK character sheet style: http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/ ... -sheet.jpg

Online, I've seen that area drawn-in with the character's sigil or portrait. I think it's a cool way to customize the character, or a place to doodle in between turns!

I do see that in the Adventure Design Kit a new style of character sheet was introduced, that lacked a large sigil area but still had a smaller blank shield in the bottom corner, possibly to serve the same purpose: http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/ ... -sheet.pdf

And then of course is the American character sheet that lacks any area to draw in, other than the back, i suppose! I do like seeing older character sheets where players have drawn something on them, either in the marginalia or as part of their character's look or backstory. (hence, my inclusion of the Herald.)

I suppose I could reduce the size of the Herald a bit, as a "notes" section is something that's practically useful, but doing so might impair the amount of detail a player could include in their sigil. I don't want to have more than a single-sided sheet for the character sheet however, so weighing the importance/desirability of both is something for me to consider. :geek:

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » December 19th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Here's a new version:

and new download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zGYN ... sp=sharing

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » February 20th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Here's the latest version! Think this one has adequate space for all the essentials, and room to spare? Will be printed on 8.5x11 inches

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » February 21st, 2016, 10:43 am

I would add back in the two helmets at the top corners.
And, for the herald shield - perhaps use that for the class and name portion.
The class can be written across the shield, and the name across the banner below it.

I like it, though...the first and second version, not so much the third. The second is my
favorite so far.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » April 18th, 2016, 5:23 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:I do see that in the Adventure Design Kit a new style of character sheet was introduced, that lacked a large sigil area but still had a smaller blank shield in the bottom corner, possibly to serve the same purpose: http://english.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/ ... -sheet.pdf

A special Shield of Honour sticker that comes with the kit is intended to be placed on the shield space when the Hero be comes a Champion. The Champion's Table room of the Inn features a png image derived from the sticker:

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » April 19th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Nice to see that you remixed my charecter sheet ! That's why I included the .xcf :) So please use and abuse!

I like your remix, the potion bag and Henchmen box addition. In my experience however, my players tend to take up notes, so I'd suggest you keep it off the main page and put it as a 'verso'. The temporary effect is a nice addition too !

Would you also share your .xcf ?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » April 25th, 2016, 2:56 am

Maike05 wrote:Nice to see that you remixed my charecter sheet ! That's why I included the .xcf :) So please use and abuse!

I like your remix, the potion bag and Henchmen box addition. In my experience however, my players tend to take up notes, so I'd suggest you keep it off the main page and put it as a 'verso'. The temporary effect is a nice addition too !

Would you also share your .xcf ?

Of course! I too have noticed my players make use of the back of the page for notes and such, so I got rid of that section on the front, and repurposed the remaining space. Also I re-included the header image. Here is a preview:

Happy to post the xcf files! Also here is the photoshop file and a pdf file.

xcf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zGYN ... sp=sharing

psd: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zGYN ... sp=sharing

pdf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zGYN ... sp=sharing

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » September 23rd, 2016, 2:34 pm

Ahh yes, cross to equip, I may steal that box. Temporary effects is also something I overlooked in my ideas but I can't exceed A5.

I like the Questing Heroes to have to think about who has what, when they go where. Limiting slots. A lot can be carried on these sheets.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Expansion Topics