• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroChest: Machinist's Tool Chest - HeroQuest Box

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Machinist's Tool Chest - HeroQuest Box

Postby slev » January 25th, 2015, 9:32 am

This looks terrible. Worst chest ever.

Tell you what, as I'm nice, just send it to me, I'll take it off your hands and you can forget you ever wasted time on it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby GimmeYerGold » February 19th, 2015, 11:30 pm

It came! It had an adventure getting here, but now it's stocked. Still room for more, too!

Furniture pads are a good idea for the feet.

I'm really trying to think of a way to do a vinyl wrap with the original box art. Can't wait to put it in action :)

Thanks for sharing this great find, whitebeard!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » February 20th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Looks great!!

GimmeYerGold wrote:I'm really trying to think of a way to do a vinyl wrap with the original box art.

I was thinking bumper sticker type decorations. I have US Letter sized sticker paper and I will print out the HeroQuest Logo and various parts of the box art.

I'm also thinking about a "H" and "Q" in the proper font to sticker over the mirror. four screws and it comes out, flip it over and sticker the back, and re-install.

Looking for a highest quality scan / remaster of just the HQ Logo for an 11 inch wide sticker. Anybody have a link?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » February 20th, 2015, 12:46 pm

whitebeard wrote:Looks great!!

GimmeYerGold wrote:I'm really trying to think of a way to do a vinyl wrap with the original box art.

I was thinking bumper sticker type decorations. I have US Letter sized sticker paper and I will print out the HeroQuest Logo and various parts of the box art.

I'm also thinking about a "H" and "Q" in the proper font to sticker over the mirror. four screws and it comes out, flip it over and sticker the back, and re-install.

Looking for a highest quality scan / remaster of just the HQ Logo for an 11 inch wide sticker. Anybody have a link?

ooh the bumper sticker thing is a good idea! I will be on the look out for high res box art & logos.

My wife recommended making custom stickers of fantasy locations, or the names of conquered quests perhaps, and covering it in travel stickers like an old style piece of luggage:

For instance, replace the names above with "Lair of the Orc Warlord," "Black Mountains,"Kellar's Keep" etc.

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » February 20th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Yeah, this was where I was headed. I was thinking that I should have logos from the mini manufacturers GW, Reaper (Pathfinder, Bones, etc.). It is a nice box so hate to cover it completely (e.g. vinyl wrap). But your wife's idea is awesome! I really like the random placement like this (overlapping when it gets dense). The base artwork would be "square" though (like the logo for the suitcase manufacturer). Even custom quest packs have cover art so it shouldn't be a problem to make custom stickers for each campaign (once started or completed) and post them on the forums. We should start a new thread when we start making these!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » February 21st, 2015, 12:41 pm

I put a couple of logos on the chest. Looking better already.

HQ chest.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » February 22nd, 2015, 2:07 pm

Yeah! That looks great whitebeard.

Did you print the stickers on a standard printer with the special sticker paper?

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » February 22nd, 2015, 3:35 pm

GimmeYerGold wrote:Did you print the stickers on a standard printer with the special sticker paper?

Yes. I have an HP color laser printer and "sticker paper - matte white" which I bought from Staples about 5 years ago.

I'm regretting not printing out the box cover art and fitting it to the front panel. Would love to see if you can make that happen.

I grabbed the "HeroQuest" logo from the Elf Quest pack (with some GIMP work to free it from the blue back ground). The images I found on line are all JPG so the background color pollutes the logo a bit (compression algorithm artifact). The blue one came free fairly easy.

I printed from the 863kb raw xcf file and from a 784 PDF and they look about the same. The nice thing about the PDF is that we can post them and there is no question about scale when printing. If you know how to setup an album on the forum, we can post sticker sheets. They are not too big and should be posted.

Otherwise PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send what I have.

I've also thought a bit more about your random locations sticker idea, and I'm actually going to make one sticker per quest, at least for the original 14. It will take some doing to find appropriate artwork for each mission.

- The Maze is almost done for us by Phoenix (my son played this quest first, a long time ago).
- The Trial… since it is directed by Mentor and the gargoyle is the objective, I was going to basically use the EW screen image
- The Rescue of Sir Ragnar,,, lots of great images for "old knight" out there. I like this one http://www.sketchoholic.com/SteFlack/images/5017/knight-portraits

and so on…

Some will be round, some ellipses, some square, some rectangular. No consistent color scheme, no consistent border theme. I may however use the proper HQ Font for a Quest Title (but size and color will vary).

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » February 23rd, 2015, 9:01 pm

I added an insert for the "safety mirror". Now much cooler.

MirrorInsert.JPG

I just took the mirror out (4 screws) and wrapped it in this image printed on plain paper. Again I have the PDF if you (GimmeYerGold, or anyone else) want it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby slev » February 24th, 2015, 2:57 am

Nice logo.
My earlier comments stand though :P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics