• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Harry Potter HeroQuest

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Harry Potter HeroQuest

Postby yoshimi » November 16th, 2009, 6:15 am

I had HeroQuest, Space Hulk etc when I was a kid and recently decided to get back into these games, and try to get my daughter into them too. I've just bought a copy of HQ from eBay, but had an idea to do a total conversion - HeroQuest Harry Potter!

My daughter loved HP, and I thought it could work really well with the HQ board, and setting. I am a graphic designer, so I am confidant I could do a great job on new cards and pieces. However I'm struggling to find any HP miniatures or figures. Does anyone know of any HP board games which have appropriately sized figures of Harry, Ron, Hermine, and perhaps even Hagrid, Voldermort, Dumbeldore etc? My idea could be scuppered before it's even begun. :( Alternatively, any suggestions for stand-in figures, eg. LOTR Gandalf for Dumbeldore?

I'd also welcome any input and ideas for the conversion you all might have.
yoshimi

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Harry Potter HeroQuest

Postby drathe » November 21st, 2009, 1:56 pm

I can visualize a Harry Potter styled HeroQuest working very well. There are plenty of creatures, spells and interesting locations. Hogwarts is huge enough to span several different board designs (especially with those changing stairs). I have no idea where to get some quality figures unfortunately. My best thoughts would be to collect Harry Potter Lego and use a Brick Quest style system. Not as fancy, but all the necessary places and people are available.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 12th, 2010, 12:06 pm

That's an amazing idea
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 25th, 2017, 11:01 am

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » September 25th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Great idea! I'm always excited to see parents trying to get their kids into the hobby.

I bought some of the Nano Metalfigs of Monsters Inc so I could the Sully as a yeti stand-in. I'd be interested to see how much detail the metal figures have if you could strip all the paint and clearcoat off them, but I'm not sure what they used so no idea if Pine-Sol/Simple Green would work. As is, the figures don't have a lot of detail and would probably look pretty similar to HeroQuest figures, although they're definitely a larger scale.

Looking forward to seeing what results from your project!
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 25th, 2017, 6:27 pm

That Sully is pretty close to scale, isn't it? I got some nice and some aggressive clear Sully figs on stamps that came as part of candy packaging. Unfortunately, they are sized as juvenile Yetis. I hope to use them with modified stats and rules for a homebrew one day.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » March 19th, 2019, 1:40 pm

(Necromancer voice) ARISE, DEAD THREAD, ARIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE! /Necro Voice

Yoshimi, how far did you get with this? I'm sure we'd all love an update!

I wanted to share this because my players have requested some Harry Potter-like stuff, and it looks like a lot of the work has been done before:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheSc ... le_reskin/
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » April 12th, 2021, 4:01 pm

Cool, though I'm not much of a fan, I pictured life size figures on a giant field size board... and maybe Hagrid saying "You're the Wizard, Harry" and handing him the spell cards, character board, etc.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics