• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Those Colored German Dice

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Those Colored German Dice

Postby j_dean80 » September 12th, 2020, 7:59 am

BStewart80 wrote:I recently went to http://spielwarensaloon.de/ to purchase these dice described here. Sadly, my experience has not been very good. I originally purchased the white, green, black, blue, purple and orange dice in July and waited for weeks. I attempted to contact the website, but response was very slow. By the first week of August, the seller refunded my money and explained that Germany was restricted from mailing to USA due to the pandemic. I later reordered the dice and communicated that he can hold my purchase until the restriction was lift. As of September 2, 2020 the restriction has been lifted. I have attempted to contact the seller by sending two emails, one in English and another in German. In addition, I have sent multiple communication requests through the website. I haven't received any response.

I'm sure that everyone enjoys the product, but I can tell you the lack of communication from the seller has made this a very frustrating experience for the past two-three months. I understand the pandemic, and mailing restrictions. I don't understand the lack of communication.

I really would like to get these dice. Their nice and affordable. I can gather the graphics and go to boardgamemakers.com but 36 custom dice cost $150. I would hate to spend that much...though I am getting there.

Has anyone had any issues?

I ordered some before the whole pandemic and it took a few months of little to no response until I finally received them.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » September 14th, 2020, 2:12 am

He was always slow to respond. We should order the three or four most important ones as wooden dice fitting with the HQ dice design and size, and have a proper send service. Anyone in for it?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby BStewart80 » September 15th, 2020, 12:43 pm

I don't mind the wait, provided I know that they're coming. I just wish there was communication. Hard to be patient. I printed all of the Lemmeron card sets that were provided in the forums. Took time, but I really like the level of play design around these dice with those cards. Very nice work on Lemmeron's part.

Been hard to be patient and now it seems that HeroQuest MAY be reissued/remade? or whatever the countdown is supposed to mean. Waiting like everyone one else on that. I'll just have to be patient. Been hard with the pandemic and what not. HeroQuest has kept me entertained. Painting, rebuilding, printing, etc. Been fun.

The dice are the last part and have been the hardest to come by. Board game makers offers custom dice creation, which I can make these dice. They won't look as good, but will be nice and just as effective. I'm not a purist about the dice. However, the cost is three times what Spielwaren Saloon charges, hence I will need to pay up or wait.

To quote a famous anti-hero from the Princess Bride ;) : "I hate waiting."
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby arntisdale » October 15th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Anderas wrote:He was always slow to respond. We should order the three or four most important ones as wooden dice fitting with the HQ dice design and size, and have a proper send service. Anyone in for it?

That sounds like something I could go for.
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby BStewart80 » October 19th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Still waiting for my dice. Communication = zero. Does any one know someone else who can make these custom dice or perhaps already has at a reasonable price? Really frustrating.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby BStewart80 » November 4th, 2020, 2:07 pm

I finally received the dice on Nov. 2. As expected, they are nice and am very excited to us Lemmeron's cards/gameplay with these. Hasbro should pay attention to these.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby Lemmeron » November 4th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Really interested to hear how your play sessions go with the new dice and cards. Where and how are you planning to start off with your players?

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby BStewart80 » November 5th, 2020, 12:54 am

We pitched the idea of starting over completely. Otherwise, I'll permit everyone to sell their current gear for full price (just this once) and re-purchase under the improved equipment and take it from there. We haven't decided. Playing 4 players. One player will play two heros. I always play Zargon/Morcar.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Postby Lemmeron » November 5th, 2020, 2:29 am

2 things to consider...
1. My characters starting with basic weapons are deliberately weaker than that of the game system - a barbarian starts with 1 white and 1 black die for offence instead of 3 white dice as per the game system (go the broawrd sword)
Also they all start with worse defence too. This worked really well for starting characters on the Japanese quest pack, but the game system a few quests early on are harder than they should be compared to others and new characters will struggle if you progress normally.

2. I balanced my system around heroes being able to sell gear back at half price, this way there is a steady progression and no hero will top out in power until atleast ogre horde expansion...I am not sure how far your current players are into the quests or how much gold they have accumulated. I would say your solution of selling back game system weapons at full price will work as long as they don't have too much excess gold accumulated on top.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby BStewart80 » November 5th, 2020, 2:42 am

Interesting. So what are the Character Starting dice for all the heroes that you use in your set up to coordinate with the cards?
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics