• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Those Colored German Dice

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Those Colored German Dice

Postby JCool » August 8th, 2019, 12:52 pm

I just ordered a bunch from the german site. I'll post pics once they arrive in a few weeks. Can't wait to incorporate them into my game along with some custom gear!
JCool

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » August 8th, 2019, 5:34 pm

I really don't know why I still didn't ordered them!!!
I think they really can add a lot of variatiations to the game mechanics.
An italian member Presti70 suggested an interesting way to use the dice:

at the beginiing of a new quest each player pick up 3 colored dice at random from a pouch. He can use whenever he wants during the quest instead of a normal combat die (it can be to attack or defend or for spells).
Once used the coloured dice is discarded and it goes in the hands of the evil wizard player that can use the same die for one of his monster in the same way the heroes could.

I think it is interesting because it adds a bonus to the players but.. it will return as a malus for them in a second time!
Oh and also for special weapons it is required a special die!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 9th, 2019, 6:06 am

I am thinking of ordering one or two of those German dice, in a wooden version, at this Chinese manufacturer that decipher used for the white ones.

That means I have to take 3000 and sell the excess.

If you could choose only one or two, which of those dice would you take?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » August 9th, 2019, 7:42 am

Anderas wrote:I am thinking of ordering one or two of those German dice, in a wooden version, at this Chinese manufacturer that decipher used for the white ones.

That means I have to take 3000 and sell the excess.

Either I am really tired, or you're cutting a few corners on the details, but to me this doesn't make much sense. What are you trying to say here?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 9th, 2019, 9:05 am

I am thinking about mass ordering the most useful of those dice in wood, to match the original style better than those plastic dice from that German guy.

However, if I want to order those directly at the manufacturer's site, I will have to buy 3000 minimum. So I will sell the excess. Now I am trying to decide which one I do.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » August 9th, 2019, 9:40 am

I don't use them at all. If I were to get a couple of sets I would go for black and green sets since one is slightly better at hitting and the other at defending, without doubling up. But, you could achieve the same effect on a single die by changing one of the white shield sides to skull+shield or use a different symbol entirely as a "wild card" (I've written a long post offline about how much better it is to have wild-side dice than the standard dice but haven't posted it yet).

If doubling up is fine for you then the purple die does it all on its own. I'm not a fan of the blue or orange dice.

Edit: Posted the offline dice suggestion, but stripped it down a bit. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4994

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » August 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

@Anderas, I guess I likemany variants, it is hard to chose just 1 or 2.
But I think I will give priority to one that feature 3 white shields and another one with at least 2 black shields. Because I need to increase the defensive power of some characters/monsters but leaving the same feelings of the original gameplay.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » August 9th, 2019, 11:37 pm

So, combining the proposals of cornixt and you, one would have

:whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :blackshield: :blackshield: and one side with :?:

the other one would have
:skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield: , one side with :whiteshield: and :blackshield: combined, and one side with a :?:

I like cornixt's proposal of having a bonus side. Call it question mark, call it star.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jaekaelae » August 17th, 2019, 11:21 am

Here are my tought on the issue. I did write following quote on other thread but it fits here as well.

One doesn't need to remove symbol for the dice. There is an option to make a symbol golden for example. And there can be two golden symbols golden skull and golden shield on a dice. It might be so that only one of the combat dice have golden symbols or one dice have golden skull and one has golden shield. Possibilities are almost limitles. Hero's skills or ablities dictate if golden symbols are trickered or not. To my experiense I would say there should be only one special dice with two golden symbols. In normal use golden symbols does nothing as long as neither attacker nor the target has an ability that is trickered if spesific golden symbol is scored. This way there is no need to heavily modify the attack dice or change the game system, old rules would work just fine.

Even the walrus side can be easily used as a special symbol. A spell, a potion or a weapon might give player a permission to use walrus side as a skull which increase the success change from 3/6 to 4/6. I use armour class or armor value in my Heroquest. If model has AC of 1 it defences with walrus symbols (1/6), AC 2 means it defences with white shields (2/6) and model with AC 3 success with white shields and walrus symbol (3/6). Some weapons might decreace target's AC.
Jaekaelae

Hero:

Postby lestodante » August 17th, 2019, 5:58 pm

I repost he link of the website, since there is no link at the start of this topic:
http://spielwarensaloon.de/index.php?ca ... el-33.html

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics