• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Those Colored German Dice

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Those Colored German Dice

Postby Anderas » Saturday October 14th, 2017 6:49am

There is an olive and a pink one now?

Wow.

After some years, I rarely use them now. Black instead of white to make a weapon stronger, but less than a full white die stronger. Similarly, a green is added to make a weapon stronger by two thirds of a white.

The yellows are used instead of white, to represent clumsy but piercing, like the back side thorn of a halberd.

Orange. .. can't remember to have used it. But it is in my arsenal, somewhere.

The blues get used only for monster defense. Chaos warriors and bosses get them, but only sometimes.

All in all, after I put a lot of effort into additional equipment cards for the new dice, I still use the originals astonishingly often. Most of the dice I use are the originals.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday October 14th, 2017 7:25am

There are very few things you can't do with just the original white dice.
Simple math will tell you how many dice to roll to get a desired average result.
Of course a different distribution can secure a more reliable result, but I really think that's just finesse. If you want a monster to generally roll 3 black shields you just give it more white dice.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday October 14th, 2017 9:34am

I’ve seen them when looking for more dice, is it even possible to still get them? I was thinking of getting at least two sets.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday October 14th, 2017 9:49am

You mean the decipher action to sell exact remakes? Don't know, ask him. I guess there might still be some left. But be quick, they were selling rather fast.

Well, Goblin King - I still think it is practical to have some other dice options. If i want a monster to generally roll 3 black shields in average, then i somehow don't want to roll 18 white dice. :D

But yes, i mainly use the colored dice to fill gaps between the white dice. I also like one-shot processes when rolling a dice.
So even when those two equipment cards are nearly equivalent (not exactly, but close) then i prefer the one with the yellow dice.

ImageImage

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Saturday October 14th, 2017 10:18am

Thor-in wrote:I’ve seen them when looking for more dice, is it even possible to still get them? I was thinking of getting at least two sets.

The German guy is active...just not quick to respond. I ordered dice a couple months ago but yet have received them. He said he tried twice but keeps getting returned as wrong address.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Saturday October 14th, 2017 5:46pm

j_dean80 wrote:
Thor-in wrote:I’ve seen them when looking for more dice, is it even possible to still get them? I was thinking of getting at least two sets.

The German guy is active...just not quick to respond. I ordered dice a couple months ago but yet have received them. He said he tried twice but keeps getting returned as wrong address.

When you get them could you let me know so then I roughly know how long it will take to receive them.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Friday March 16th, 2018 5:28pm

I decided to order some colored dice from the German webshop, settling for 4 sets of 6 dice, one color of each in each of those 4 sets. I ordered them in the evening of march, 8th, and received an e-mail with the order information. I couldn't pay for them directly in the webshop (PayPal is allowed, but I don't have PayPal), but the e-mail contained information about their bank account and all. I transferred the money I was due to them the same evening. On monday, march 12th, I received an e-mail stating they had been shipped. They arrived today, friday, march 16th; what is an important factor here is that I live in a neighboring country, which might cut down a little on transfer time ;).

Anyway, below is an image showing the actual faces of the dice involved, showing all 6 faces of each die:

All dice at least had the same distribution and layout within a given color; the only slightly annoying aspect was that while the position of the 6 faces was always identical, I noticed that the orientation of the prints on each face wasn't always consequently done. Even though it doesn't change a thing about the odds of rolling a specific face of the die, it does mean the dice aren't exactly identical with regards to face orientation and being a perfectionist, that's a minor thing that irks me :P.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics