• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Those Colored German Dice

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Those Colored German Dice

Postby TheLastChaosWarrior » March 2nd, 2024, 5:01 am

j_dean80 wrote:
Mergur_89 wrote:Greetings good people and other nerds :)

I have been wondering about those german dice and i think they are unnecessary too many types of dices.
I would rather order myself custom combat dices for my Heroquest game to add some spice to the game
Normally we only use combat dice which is = s, s, s, w, w, b
(if s = skull, w = white shield, b = black shield)

But would it improve the gameplay if we introduced new but not to many types of dices to the game?

New dices!?!
Stronger opponents dice/evil dice = s, s, s, s, b, b
Enhanced dice/stronger weapon = s, s, s, s, w, w
Defence dice or (defence dice+monster attack dice) = s, s, s, w, w, w

Even though the improved dice for the heroes has no black shield, then there is still chance to miss
For the encanced dice you still need to get skull when attacking

Defence dice
changing one normal dice into defence dice for shield or for each armor hero has (the latter option maybe overpowered...)
I have thought of two ways of using the defence dice
One is only using it for hero when he is throwing defence (not using it when attacking)
or
using both when in defending and when the monster is attacking hero who has defence dice (changing same number of normal attacking dice into defence attacking dice for the monster)
I feel it would only be available option if I decide to make the defence dice less effective, maybe = s, s, w, w, w, b

Another option
To spice things up, I also thought of using 1 automatic hit/defence for for specific weapons/armors and mayby even for specifics classes

Maybe even mixing these two (new dices !?!, another option) together somehow or not at all.

Please fire away what you think of my ideas :)

I just want to point out sometimes Hero dice require a black shield to be on there for traps and such.

Just want to add, the custom dice you are talking about already exists from the German guy. Grey dice are the defence dice, black dice have four skulls on them, and the sswwwb dice exists also, it is the green dice.
Also, you don't all have to use the same dice, so if you are making a trap roll, use standard dice.
TheLastChaosWarrior

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thor-in » March 28th, 2024, 6:54 am

Haven't managed to get the original colored dice, however I did find these ones the other day and grabbed up a set. They might be for the new set of HQ, but dice are dice.
Still wouldn't mind getting my hands on those potion dice though.
434056647_1132710057923621_3791168059980876808_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 28th, 2024, 11:42 am

I wouldn't pay extra for them unless they're inscribed as well as painted (and certainly not 3d printed!).

How would you use the Potion dice?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » March 28th, 2024, 5:48 pm

Kurgan wrote:I wouldn't pay extra for them unless they're inscribed as well as painted (and certainly not 3d printed!).

How would you use the Potion dice?

The new HQ set is inscribed as well as painted, not 3D printed. Found them on Esty for a none reasonable price.

I'd use the potion dice on random potions. House rule on bottle rolled you gain one life point for each rolled, lose one for each skull rolled, and nothing happens if it's a black side.

Example.

Potion of Healing - restores four body points when drank
Roll four dice.
You roll two potions, one skull, and a blank = 2-1+0=1 body point restored
Or
You roll three potions and one blank = 3+0=3 body points restored.

Just an idea I have played with in my head with my home brew quests. Heroes seem pretty strong after the base game is competed.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Expansion Topics