• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Those Colored German Dice

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Those Colored German Dice

Postby AerynB » Tuesday April 2nd, 2013 10:14am

You're probably all familiar with this picture of the colored HQ dice that are sold out of Germany:
P1010214.jpg

So, I've finally purchased one of each set of these dice, and I'm curious how many other people have them. Mostly because I think the seller has changed the picture distribution on the purple and orange dice. My set looks like this:
my colored dice.jpg

If there's anyone who bought their dice before this year, do your dice have the distribution in the above picture or like my picture? Just curious.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Those Colored German Dice

Postby torilen » Tuesday April 2nd, 2013 6:47pm

I was going to buy some, but I had read on another thread here at the inn that no one was answering
email, so I figured the site was abandoned or something.
I personally wouldn't really care about the color. Yeah, it's kind of funky playing with pink dice, I'm sure,
and it is false advertising, but as long as they roll well, I wouldn't mind. That's is just me, though. I
certainly understand your disappointment, getting wrong colored dice.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby AerynB » Tuesday April 2nd, 2013 10:11pm

torilen wrote:I was going to buy some, but I had read on another thread here at the inn that no one was answering
email, so I figured the site was abandoned or something.
I personally wouldn't really care about the color. Yeah, it's kind of funky playing with pink dice, I'm sure,
and it is false advertising, but as long as they roll well, I wouldn't mind. That's is just me, though. I
certainly understand your disappointment, getting wrong colored dice.

I'm not disappointed, just curious. It seemed like the purple dice got a little better for monsters by replacing the single black shield with a double black shield. And the orange dice appear to be a little weaker for attacking since there's only 2 double skull faces instead of 2 double skulls and a single skull. Then again, they've gotten stronger for defending heroes with 2 faces with double white shields instead of just 1.

I had started to make tables for odds of rolling skulls, white shields, and black shields based on the first picture, but now that the faces have changed so have my calculations. It's really no big deal, but it would be hard for me to post my results if part of the community has purple and orange dice with different face distributions than the ones I have.

Anyway, like I said, just curious how many others out there have these dice. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Usergroups:

Postby Miksang » Tuesday April 2nd, 2013 10:50pm

buy me a set of these dice and i'll tell you what mine look like :D :) ;)
Miksang

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 3:20am

Does anyone here any rules for the different dice?
Just curious, cause most of the Germans owning the dice play a specific ruleset.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 3:29am

Does Torilen see that the different coloured dice have different pictures on them?

I suspect that the guy who's made the dice has revised the distributions for a good reason. If you do calculations on both sets maybe a reasoning might become clear.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 4:28am

I think it's a damn shame the colors aren't brighter on the dice, and the drawings BLACK! It looks crazy with those white logos.
See how well it looks on the pink dice? Why didn't they make them all like that?

Also, are these light wooden dice or heavy plastic?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 4:58am

I also don't like the color choices.
One of the reasons I don't even consider incorporating them.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 7:24am

Sure make for interesting rolls though. Assigning diff set to diff hero/monster looks pretty cool to me!
And it seems u have SEVEN rows of dice instead of six!...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Wednesday April 3rd, 2013 8:56am

ethica - no, I did not originally notice the different pictures on them. Not until you
pointed it out, after my first comment.

I do agree with you there...that's screwed up that they give you different dice with
entirely different pictures on them. Kind of makes me wonder if they simply are making
their own dice now, and haven't given any thought to the rolls they would get.

I had made my own materials for making alternate dice - something you could print off
stickers and put on normal dice, as well as spinner boards for spinning your rolls instead
of rolling dice. I also made it into card format...you would just shuffle the deck each turn
and draw your card.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=1531&p=17317#p17317

I put thought into the "rolls", though. I made normal dice, dice that would help heroes more
for attacks or defense or both...same for monsters...etc. I had specific ideas in mind in how
the "rolls" could be used for specialty monsters and magic items and such.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Other Expansion Topics