• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Characters Forum

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Would you like to see a new section for Character development?

Poll ended at March 7th, 2013, 1:30 am

Yes, I would like to see a section specifically for character development.
71%
No, the "Other Expansion Topics" area is sufficient for these topics.
12%
Maybe in the future if a good number of character topics are started.
18%

Total votes : 17

[Poll] Characters Forum

Postby drathe » February 20th, 2013, 1:30 am

We have received a request to add a new section to the HeroQuest Additions forum.

Characters - a new section for discussing and developing characters within the HeroQuest world. Whether it be giving stats and background lore to known characters that appear in the game texts, or creating new characters for use in fan quests.

Let us know by voting whether you feel this section would see sufficient use and if you wish, comment. The poll will run for 15 days from this post.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Poll] Characters Forum

Postby Maike05 » February 20th, 2013, 10:52 am

Yes, I think it's needed, since there is a lot of 'spam' regarding the *NEW* characters generally proposed by members. eg: gnome, assassin, necromancer, etc.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 20th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Sure, it makes it easier to find what you want

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 20th, 2013, 12:31 pm

sure, why not, sounds good.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » February 20th, 2013, 6:59 pm

I think drathe means this: A place to put actual, fleshed out characters. For example, someone could post their
idea of what Sir Ragnar should be, with body points, mind points, equipment and such. Or, if you wanted to
create stats for Wardoz, for a historical thing. Not necessarily for "new" character types...though if someone
wanted to flesh out one of those, just for others to see and think about, they could.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » February 20th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Sir Ragnar, the Boba Fett of HeroQuest :)
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » March 1st, 2013, 5:47 pm

To clarify, a Character section wouldn't include any Hero submissions. The Inn already has a Heroes section for that. Currently, this Other Expansion Topics section shouldn't be attracting Hero topics anyway. If a Hero topic is incorrectly posted in this section, the simplest thing is to flag it and it can be moved to the Hero section.

As for the poll, I haven't noticed a single Character topic in the Other Expansion Topics section, so I figure let's only do it if it's justified. However, if there are enough Character topics scattered throughout the other forum sections, then I'd support a new section. Can someone please point some posted examples out to give this idea some merit?

If this is instead a suggestion for new growth--a great idea--then topics should be started right now in this section so that a need is demonstrated before expanding. Let's not put the cart in front of the horse.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby torilen » March 1st, 2013, 6:26 pm

I had suggested the idea to drathe a little bit ago. I have come up with a few actual characters
(one goblin, one human fighter, an elf 'fighter', and an elf 'wizard'...and some thoughts for some others), and I
thought it might be a good idea to have a separate section for stuff like this, instead of placing them in the
heroes section.
As you pointed out, the heroes expansion thread is for posting new hero types and character types. It COULD be
used for posting actual, named characters, but I think if people started adding these, then it might get hard to sift
through everything for what one is looking for.

I also thought it might be nice to have a special place for everyone (who might desire to do so) to post their
thoughts on statistics for characters from the games. Sir Ragnar, Wardoz, The Prince, Fellmarg (a historical figure),
Melar (of melar's maze - a historical figure), Ollar (created castle of mystery) - just to name a few from the original
quest pack.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » March 2nd, 2013, 4:10 pm

Okay - I posted those characters that I have made thus far. I have some ideas for others, but haven't made those yet.

Those posted can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1600

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1601&p=18343#p18343

Some other game system figures that could be made...perhaps Gulthor had a cousin...a Doomguard Captain. He would be
more powerful than a normal doomguard (having his own personal stats), and might have special arms and armor.
Also, balthor, the fire mage...maybe he was part of a group - maybe there is an ice mage...maybe there is a mage for each
of the normal elements...maybe other fire mages. Just some ideas.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Other Expansion Topics