• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mercenary Tokens

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Mercenary Tokens

Postby Kurgan » January 20th, 2021, 8:55 pm

So a few years back I decided it would be a good idea to create little markers to differentiate the mercenaries/men at arms on the board (to keep them straight between heroes), for use in any quest these characters are used, but specifically for BQP/WOM. (More tile-work here)

According to one version of the rules, each Hero can hire up to four Mercs, and you could have as many as 12 figures at your disposal (more if you own multiple expansions), that could get a little confusing on the board as to who is controlling what. Another version of the rules state you can hire as many Mercs as you can afford (though the supply of figures would limit the number you could field in any quest I presume).

I printed some rough images and cut them out of paper. Later I availed myself of the services of BoardGamesMaker and did some custom tiles (1.66 mm thick cardboard pre-cut tokens, with smooth matte finish) that were a higher quality version. They are a little plain, but I figure they will do the job. I created some for my classic Heroes and then the new Heroes I'm using as well. These are oversize (and round, rather than square) on purpose so that you can see the different color on the outside, matching it to the Hero who hired them, regardless of the type or color of the figure.

W = Wizard
B = Barbarian
E = Elf
D = Dwarf

Al = Alchemist
Ap = Apothecary

C = Cleric
M = Mystic
R = Ranger
P = Paladin

Have a look...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on January 21st, 2021, 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Mercenary Tokens

Postby Kurgan » January 20th, 2021, 10:59 pm

The reverse side (a Mercenary "Coin" design):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Tiles