• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Running the Gauntlet

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Running the Gauntlet

Postby drathe » October 3rd, 2008, 7:00 pm

There is a place in the Running the Gauntlet (Note F) where a room on the board has a stone bridge across a chasm. There is no tile for this room so I decided to try and make one.

The thumbnail not as clear as actual tile. I used some dim lighting for it. You may download the tile from here for a clearer view.

This is not yet on my tile page as I'm not sure about the floor section on the right. I think I might just crop the tile to 3x5 squares so it'll overlay the room and leave a row of its own tiles showing. That would also extend the use of the tile for fan quests as well.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Running the Gauntlet

Postby Phoenix » October 5th, 2008, 1:56 pm

I was going to wait until rob finished with all of the httbb tiles, and then point out that there was no tile for this quest. However, that is no longer going to be the case. I like it!! Although, I'm not sure I'm 100% with the red tiled section. Seems like that would be a perfect secret cave entrance in Ron Shirtz's palace tiles, but don't think it's what is needed here. perhaps a more 'plain' stone floor (or just copy the board tile section?) or maybe even leaving it out altogether? Just some thoughts.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 6th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Phoenix wrote:I was going to wait until rob finished with all of the httbb tiles, and then point out that there was no tile for this quest. However, that is no longer going to be the case.

I made a tile? ;) What tile? ;) ;)

The Mythical Fire Bird wrote:I like it!! Although, I'm not sure I'm 100% with the red tiled section. Seems like that would be a perfect secret cave entrance in Ron Shirtz's palace tiles, but don't think it's what is needed here. perhaps a more 'plain' stone floor (or just copy the board tile section?) or maybe even leaving it out altogether? Just some thoughts.

Yeah, I think it would be best just to crop out the right side. Then the tile becomes more universal.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » June 9th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Are you done with this tile yet? I may end up playing this Quest in the near-future... It would be nice to have.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 9th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Thanks for the bump. I totally forgot about this! I'll see if I can improve it soon. Got some crazy "life" type stuff going on right now. I might be side-tracked. Keep kicking, odds are I'll need the reminders.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » July 1st, 2009, 12:28 pm

I haven't forgotten about this. I've tried again, but my skills aren't up to a comfortable level yet. Best I can do is just crop the one I already did, sorry.

...Or, I could ask Jon Usiak to take a crack at it. 8-) Which I have. He's going to try and get something out this coming week if he has some free time. :D

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Tiles