• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Spanish HQ Battle Board (New Boards)

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Spanish Hero Quest Battle Board

Postby j_dean80 » February 26th, 2019, 8:01 am

clmckay wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:I would want tiles that look original to HQ.

If you want tiles that are the same size as HQs then this would be your best bet:

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/ ... gle-piece/

I think HQs original size was 1 inch, if so you would just have it sized as 1square = 1 inch.

These are the same thickness and you can have it double sided.

Is there a minimum for an order or could someone order just a 1x1 tile for example?

Do you know where someone could get a board made like the original?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby clmckay » February 26th, 2019, 8:23 am

There’s no minimum order, but shipping will be more than the item for a single tile or board segment.

I haven’t used the original HQ Board in ages, so I can’t remember it’s dimesiins. But to get very close to its size, backing and folding style this will be a very good option:

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/20″x20″-deluxe-bi-fold-board/

Earlier, when you mentioned tiles, I was thinking room tiles. If you want tiles like blocked squares or traps, use this item. You can get it double sided.

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/1-00-squares/

I’ll get some out and put up a picture of what I’ve gotten from them soon.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 26th, 2019, 8:49 am

Here’s some pictures:

CE88EFF5-4644-4840-86CA-1BAB64775C8C.jpeg

72CF588F-2042-44A3-B603-DD32EE514079.jpeg

C1C0A21B-00EC-45F3-A0F5-33AC55EF1FEC.jpeg

So that’s a Heroic Maps set. One of the recent ones, but I can’t remember the name.

It’s done on vinyl by halfpricebanners and then the tiles are done by printplaygames. They match perfect size wise for the parameters I gave them. I like bigger squares, so I use 1sq =1.2”. Color wise they are also very closely matched.

Sorry for the bad photography!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » February 26th, 2019, 9:38 am

Damn this looks great! I love the vinyl idea. I gonna try to find a vinyl print service over here or just glue them on some board for a start.

I checked out more of the heroic quest maps, they are perfect for what I wanna do! Super detailed and fit the HQ style. Thanks again!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 26th, 2019, 10:12 am

Thanks!

I really don't think you can go wrong with vinyl. If someone makes a mess, you can clean it easily with warm water and mild soap. It's vibrant and durable.

The only drawback - and something to keep in mind if you order quite a few - is storage. Sadly you can't just fold up vinyl and toss it in the corner. If you get a lot of them finding a place or way to store them is problematic. You can roll them up and store them in tubes, but then you have to find a place for tubes. I also worry about curl, so far I haven't seen that, but they've not been tubed for more than a month or two without being unrolled.

What I've been doing is just stacking them up flat on an unused basement table. It takes up space, but at least they're easy to access! If you find something better be sure to let me know!

As a side thought. If you find a local producer, remember to tell them: "No Hems, No Welds, No Grommets". Vinyl people usually make banners, so those tend to be default options unless you tell them otherwise.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » February 26th, 2019, 10:30 am

Here is the Inn I got from heroic maps, glued on black canvas. My new adventure starting point or for in between quests. Not as great as vinyl, but its a start! :lol:

Thanks for the tips on the vinyl, I definitely gotta find a place here for this!

damn my photoskills :lol:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » February 26th, 2019, 8:51 pm

clmckay wrote:Here’s some pictures:

So that’s a Heroic Maps set. One of the recent ones, but I can’t remember the name.

It’s done on vinyl by halfpricebanners and then the tiles are done by printplaygames. They match perfect size wise for the parameters I gave them. I like bigger squares, so I use 1sq =1.2”. Color wise they are also very closely matched.

Sorry for the bad photography!

Those look nice. I was avoiding vinyl cause of the storage issue you mentioned.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » February 27th, 2019, 4:10 pm

clmckay wrote:
As a side thought. If you find a local producer, remember to tell them: "No Hems, No Welds, No Grommets". Vinyl people usually make banners, so those tend to be default options unless you tell them otherwise.

Clmckay, I found a service here today who prints banners on vinyl and they gonna print these boards for me! :D :D :D I cant friggin wait, I hope they gonna turn out nice like yours! I gonna spam this thread with some pictures when I get them :lol: :mrgreen: :)

:fimir: :goblin: :orc: :chaoswarrior: :gargoyle: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 27th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Awesome!!!!

I'll look forward to seeing the pictures!!

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Weltenlaeufer » March 5th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Woohooo!! clmckay, your vinyl recommendation was the best tip ever!! :D :D :D Thank you so much!

I went to the printing service today and picked up the boards! They look epic! I think I might mount them each on some black canvas, I like solid stuff! I gonna use this print service again, it was super cheap, I only paid 10 bucks (40 zl).

I really like these boards cause they come with the HeroQuest framelogo, they fit so well with the original!

Here are two quick pics I took without any mounting work done yet.

Next I gonna print some of the heroic maps! :mrgreen: :lol:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext