• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

EPIC Board!

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

EPIC Board!

Postby Tott » June 29th, 2010, 7:15 am

apologies if this has been posted here previously but after seeing this i just HAD to post it up.
http://hirstarts.yuku.com/topic/2731/t/HeroQuest-Dungeon-Raise-the-Dungeon-lot-of-pictures.html?page=1

Im not sure what the rules on this forum are for swearing so i wont comment, but if i did, it would start with "HOLY....!"

i just LOVE the modular way hes made it so that you can mix up the individual rooms, the variable heights he uses and the tiny little deatils in every single room! not massivley keen on having the walls in but man they look good!
i think this guy lives in france, as i live in London, if i can find where he lives i can nip over there and steal it! :p
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: EPIC Board!

Postby el_flesh » June 29th, 2010, 8:36 am

Did any1 ask him what he'd charge to make a second one?

heh heh heh
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » June 29th, 2010, 10:19 am

im tempted to! wonder how much i can get for my kidneys....
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daniel Anteron » June 29th, 2010, 11:25 am

That's pretty awesome!
Daniel Anteron

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 29th, 2010, 11:52 am

I don't believe this was ever posted here before, but I remember a discussion about it at Old Scratch's. Talking about adding the walls and the way it screws up the two small 3x2 rooms. But pretty awesome otherwise. I think the walls would just get in the way of everything, so without them it's fantastic.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 29th, 2010, 12:33 pm

If you were going to make something like that you would make it larger than the original board so that there is some leeway...and it looks like this guy did that?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » June 29th, 2010, 12:42 pm

I believe the squares are 1 inch, but the walls to have a little ledge at the bottom for spacing of larger minis like the Gargoyle. Adding the walls still poses the problem of messing up the layout for the two small rooms. Unless you were to totally rearrange the rooms so all of them fit with the walls, then you can't use the original board layout. Of course, if you move everything else around, you would no longer have the original layout anyway. It is indeed great for a modular dungeon along with the walls. Even with the wall/small room issue, I'd still love to have one of my own. :) It's just that cool.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 29th, 2010, 1:31 pm

That's pretty sweet!
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » June 29th, 2010, 6:10 pm

yeah, thats why im not sure about them, the walls messes up the 2 small rooms, and also changes the layout of the bottom right corner where the 5x4 room that kinda cuts into the room above and to the right of it. with the walls in you couldnt have a door connecting the two that would work. but the walls (and all the floor tiles in fact) are completely removable, re-arrangeable etc so he can play with or without walls. really has got the best of both worlds. either way: ME WANTY!
if i ever get a large amount of spare time in my life its the kind of project i wouldnt mind taking a crack at! :P
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Tiles