• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Forest Tiles Version 2.0

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Forest Tiles Version 2.0

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Saturday November 19th, 2016 12:48pm

knightkrawler wrote:I see these working pretty well.
The layout of a modular finished forest "dungeon" with modelled trees filling up the in-between spaces must look awesome.
A simple green or brown tablecloth or even some thin and even grass-flocked mats underneath the whole thing...
I like them.

Ha yes good idea. I will try that in-game soon or later. But first, I must finish the "doors" in order to complete the booklet. And a some counters available with the tile set.
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Daedalus » Monday May 22nd, 2017 5:29pm

Did the doors and counters get finished?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Tuesday May 23rd, 2017 2:52am

graphically, to call the tiles "professional" would not do them justice, they are perfect, in every possble way.

If you appreciate constructive critics...
I think in some tiles, the edge squares are ambigous. Some have the "trees" exactly covering half of them, so it's hard to tell if they are avayiable "player space" or not.
I'm also not a big fan of the overlayd pattern. One of the things I like about original HQ is how the "real" flooring of the game-word dungeon acts as the gaming grid. In my mind, true perfection would be reached if there would be a way to have the square pattern as a "natural" feature of the forest graphic (and still looking good). But I can't think of a way to achieve this, either. One could use different colored leaves or something like that, but this wold probably look more artificial than your pattern. By the way, as far as "overlay patterns" go, yours is as perfect as one can get. Perhaps you could have used a darkened tone of the underground instead of real black.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Tuesday May 23rd, 2017 11:52am

Daedalus wrote:Did the doors and counters get finished?

Well, there is still a lot to do, but I have the door :

I'm actually on a new tile set wich is almost finished viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3811 , but don't worry, I will finish this one too :mrgreen: I have some new tiles and upgraded tiles for your forests.
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re:

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Tuesday May 23rd, 2017 11:56am

Big Bene wrote:graphically, to call the tiles "professional" would not do them justice, they are perfect, in every possble way.

If you appreciate constructive critics...
I think in some tiles, the edge squares are ambigous. Some have the "trees" exactly covering half of them, so it's hard to tell if they are avayiable "player space" or not.
I'm also not a big fan of the overlayd pattern. One of the things I like about original HQ is how the "real" flooring of the game-word dungeon acts as the gaming grid. In my mind, true perfection would be reached if there would be a way to have the square pattern as a "natural" feature of the forest graphic (and still looking good). But I can't think of a way to achieve this, either. One could use different colored leaves or something like that, but this wold probably look more artificial than your pattern. By the way, as far as "overlay patterns" go, yours is as perfect as one can get. Perhaps you could have used a darkened tone of the underground instead of real black.

Well I'm trying some new things to upgrade this set, tell me if it's better ? Thanks for sharing your thinking about my work, it'll help, really ! ;)

Valnar Nightrunner

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Saturday September 23rd, 2017 6:15am

Ya know the breached wall tile from Wizards of Morcar? It might be cool to make something similar for this set. Basically, single square and double square open passageways would connect tiles, laid over the walls. Secret door and pit trap tiles made to match this set could also be useful, in my opinion.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Tiles