• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

Postby Decipher » October 4th, 2015, 1:46 am

I'm thinking about picking up a DragonQuest game board, has anyone used one in their HQ sessions? If so, what is your opinion of the board itself?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

Postby StratosVX » October 4th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Never played the game or seen the board until now. I definitely notice a lack of corridors on this board though.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 4th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Don't own it, but looks nice enough.

I don't really know what you are asking...? The board looks close enough to the style of HQ to not be a distraction, but you can see that for yourself.
Are you asking about the quality?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 4th, 2015, 3:47 pm

I did own the game and re-sold it. The board, however, is very useful for castle themed quests.
It's already an option in HeroScribe, and I'd like to see some quests written for it.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » October 4th, 2015, 3:52 pm

I have the board, but have never used it for HQ yet. It's squares are a tad smaller than the regular HQ board - so I bet it'd get cramped pretty easy. Quality wise, it's a good board. It's got the slit that runs through the middle, so if you forget about that it'll swing around and knock you over when you unfold it. :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » October 4th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the HQ minis and furniture fit. Think I'm going to buy a copy.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » October 4th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Decipher wrote:Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the HQ minis and furniture fit. Think I'm going to buy a copy.

Oh, the scale you meant. Yes, it fits. 25mm squares or close.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » October 4th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Lack of corridors... that's what always looked strange but I could never quite put my finger on it. Thank you Stratos.

I suppose one could say that some of those rooms are just large corridors, like large entrance, hallways, foyer, lobby... what ever! The room outside your room that's not a room. The one in my flat is bigger than most small bedrooms in width, 3 times aslong. Not that it's posh, it's pretty derelict.

Decipher. If you're wanting new boards, It's dragon strike you want, It comes with 4.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » October 4th, 2015, 11:40 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Lack of corridors... that's what always looked strange but I could never quite put my finger on it. Thank you Stratos.

I suppose one could say that some of those rooms are just large corridors, like large entrance, hallways, foyer, lobby... what ever! The room outside your room that's not a room. The one in my flat is bigger than most small bedrooms in width, 3 times aslong. Not that it's posh, it's pretty derelict.

Decipher. If you're wanting new boards, It's dragon strike you want, It comes with 4.

Yeah, I've got a copy of Dragon Strike, don't like them because the boards have doors and furniture. I've been thinking about photoshopping all the furniture and doors out to make a blank template and then have them printed out professionally. This Dragon Quest board is the only board I don't own yet.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » October 5th, 2015, 12:00 am

Decipher wrote:Yeah, I've got a copy of Dragon Strike, don't like them because the boards have doors and furniture. I've been thinking about photoshopping all the furniture and doors out to make a blank template and then have them printed out professionally. This Dragon Quest board is the only board I don't own yet.

If you do end up photoshopping out the furniture and doors, I'd like a copy of the files if you don't mind. It would certainly make them more versatile.
I've been wanting to use the DQ board for a quest. Personally, I don't care for the perspective of the walls making some of the squares appear smaller. It has a nice cell block in the bottom right, but it has too many four-square rooms elsewhere.

Many quest ideas come to mind for it.
-Save the Emperor from goblin assassins.
-Break into the treasury.
-Free the captured knights.
-Steal the secret plans.
The usual run-of-the-mill castle quest ideas.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Tiles