• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Double Doors!

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Double Doors!

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 22nd, 2014, 10:34 pm

DoubleDoorsOpen.jpg

DoubleDoorsClosed.jpg

I haven't tested these out yet, but they're meant to be compatible with the regular door stands when two are placed side by side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Double Doors!

Postby knightkrawler » June 23rd, 2014, 12:20 am

Cool.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jewels! » June 23rd, 2014, 12:23 am

Neat, but don't the open doors need a notch cut out of the middle bottom?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Jewels!
A diamond in the rough

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 23rd, 2014, 12:30 am

Jewels! wrote:Neat, but don't the open doors need a notch cut out of the middle bottom?

oops! thanks for catching that. I'll fix that and print these out and post photos soon.

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » June 23rd, 2014, 12:58 am

nicely done!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Teldurn » June 23rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

It's been a while since I've held the physical door bases, but don't the bottoms flare out a bit from the slot where you insert the door frame? If so, wouldn't that be problematic in the center indent? Has anyone printed these out to check for sure?
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 23rd, 2014, 2:37 pm

Teldurn wrote:It's been a while since I've held the physical door bases, but don't the bottoms flare out a bit from the slot where you insert the door frame? If so, wouldn't that be problematic in the center indent? Has anyone printed these out to check for sure?

I printed out the closed door, and will test the fit tonight.

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » June 23rd, 2014, 8:30 pm

2014-06-23 19.17.47.jpg

The test paper was just regular copy paper, and the wood color is a little too dark. On card stock with the right color adjustment it might look alright. The top of the door is a little too square for my tastes--maybe some kind of headpiece or keystone might help round it out.

Not sure how it will look open however--a section at the bottom will be needed to connect and keep it all together, and that might ruin the illusion of a doublewide open doorway :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Teldurn » June 23rd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Thanks for testing it out. I'm glad it worked, at least for the closed door version.

Perhaps for the open door version you might need to shift the image around so that the base is centered, but I think that just might look weird. But I think that's too much work for too little payoff. The best option as far as I can tell is to leave it as it is and to use our imaginations.

An alternate thing you could try, depending on your proficiency with Photoshop or whatever, is to round out the top more so that it's more like a Mediterranean double door, like this
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 24th, 2014, 2:37 pm

I like what you are doing, GimmeYerGold. ghan included a similar design in Champions of the Empire. I was wondering how it actually worked out. Thanks for trying it.

Image Image

The skull looks cool, but it's a head-bumper. I hope you can add to the top successfully while leaving the middle arch open.

The open door is a problem. I assumed the card would be left unjoined at the bottom crosspiece as an open notch. That isn't structurally sound, however. I think some kind of cardstock joining-piece is necessary that connects the two bases from the underside. It should include two joined bases as one piece which each have front and back folding tabs. These tabs should perhaps taper and lock inside the bottom of the plastic door bases. The slight elevation of the thickness of the cardstock isn't be appreciable, but ideally the visible tab folds would be edged with gray marker.

... ________ . . . . ________
    ..|     tab    |.|     tab    |
    |              ..                 |
    |        ..                       |
    ..|     tab    |.|     tab    |
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Tiles