• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Darkcity - Geomorphic city tiles

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Darkcity - Geomorphic city tiles

Postby Maike05 » August 8th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Maike05 wrote:I still have to do the Cellars for Red Dragon Inn and the one for the Prancing Dragon Pub (the small one).

Sooner said than done :

And there's even a sewer entrance :D

eheh I'm on fire :p

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby torilen » August 8th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Maike you DAWG - I absolutely love the upstairs you've made here.
That will be my go-to upstairs for an inn, I think.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 8th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Thank you so much :)

Another tile for the city : The Market place. Any self-respecting City should have its famous Market place that combines honests adventurers, unscrupulous merchants, corrupted guards or skilled pickpockets :)

Look at all those treasure chests ready to be picked !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » August 9th, 2014, 4:03 pm

These are awesome! They're perfect for an idea I'm working on. :D http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=203&t=2503&p=42860#p42860 |_P Could I interest you in designing different districts with they're own styles and atmospheres :?: For example, elf, dwarf, central, outskirts and magic districts.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 9th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Nice work!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 11th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:These are awesome! They're perfect for an idea I'm working on. :D http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=203&t=2503&p=42860#p42860 |_P Could I interest you in designing different districts with they're own styles and atmospheres :?: For example, elf, dwarf, central, outskirts and magic districts.

Mmmh, this is definitelly someting I'm interested in ;) But I absolutelly have no idea how to represent it. I love the D&D dungeon master book with the chapter on cities and quarters which really gives a lot of information about how cities are constructed, what kind of population, ethnical minorities such as dwarf or elves it should have. So what you are asking actually makes a lot of sense to represent the etnical contrast present in each city. And i love the idea of using a district because you can really get a specific atmosphere with only a couple of tiles.

How would you represent such districts? I'm laking a bit inspiration here. Is there any artwork/game you could recommend? :)

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » August 12th, 2014, 5:18 am

I'd imagine the central district to be similar to the tiles you've already done but a bit wealthier looking and with bigger and more plush looking buildings, maybe a bit Roman looking with a big nice looking fountain in the centre. The magic district could be the shiniest with jewels embedded into the architecture, a bit high elf looking. The Elvens would be neutral elves that I've included that aren't high or wood elves, so maybe a bit of a mixture of the two with more triangular angles. Elves seem to like sharp angles, probably because it matches their ears. The Dwarven district should be the darkest tones I think, brown wood and brass metal. For the outskirts I'd imagine it to be like the old empire artwork from ten to fifteen years ago (no idea if it's still the same) with wooden buildings and streets that aren't paved with stone.

The eight colleges of magic would make nice themes, if you'd want go that far with it. Jade would be nature oriented with trees and water, amethyst the most dark and macabre with skulls and stuff, bright with lit torches around and maybe a bonfire going, amber would be nature again but orange in tone like a more enchanted version of nature, celestial the most scientific looking with telescopes and sun dials etc, light with a big cathedral and maybe smaller chapels around it, gold's obvious, and grey the more traditional wizard looking with scrolls and potions around.

I've been going through fan art looking for decent pictures to use for monster cards. Some of the fan made stuff is so much nicer than the official art, there's some really beautiful pictures. What's the etiquette on using other peoples art work? That's a lot of E-mailed permission requests. Maybe just a credits page that lists all the artists and what pictures they did.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » August 13th, 2014, 5:56 pm

Quick update :

The magical Store

Here you'll be able to purchase magical scrolls, potions, identify unknown artifact, enchant weapons and more!

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maike05 » August 13th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Here is another special room : The Blacksmith. Of course, this forge has been kept by father and sons from a dwarven family. Here you'll be able to purchase as many weapons and armors as your purse allow you to do so. Maybe the blacksmith will need some rare and precious metals and will ask you to get them for him. He may also have some cousin (many) having trouble with goblin and could ask you to rescue them :)

Rewards:
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » August 13th, 2014, 7:48 pm

I think this would be the first critique I would have for your tiles, maike.
The magic store and the blacksmith are a bit small. I would have liked to
see them maybe at least one more row wider each way (5x5 instead of 4x4).

The detail is absolutely amazing, though. Great job on that. Especially the blacksmith
with the weapons and armors sitting on the table. Lovely work.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Tiles