• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

How I Use the DragonStike Boards

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: How I Use the DragonStike Boards

Postby bruenor » Wednesday March 6th, 2013 4:02pm

That whole set up is superb!!!

Love the story and the character interaction, gives the heroes something to do inbetween quests.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday March 6th, 2013 5:20pm

You're making me want to buy Dragonstrike. This is very cool. Do the design bars below your NPC pictures have any special significance?
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby shy-design » Wednesday March 6th, 2013 7:28pm

Daedalus wrote:You're making me want to buy Dragonstrike. This is very cool. Do the design bars below your NPC pictures have any special significance?

you should, it goes for really cheap on ebay.. I think I got my copy which was mint and 100% for $16 US. and then I bought an extra set of boards for $10
and the VHS is almost worth the purchase alone. :lol:

the design lines below the portraits are just for fun... no significance.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Thursday March 7th, 2013 1:35pm

The town is written, and will be published tomorrow on the blog :)

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Doomguard
Doomguard

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » Thursday March 7th, 2013 7:28pm

You have really managed to turn HQ into a real rpg - I would LOVE to come play at your house.

I love your ideas for the jail too...turns in jail for spilling drink or snacks on the table...too funny.

Good job. You have convinced me to try and pick up these dragonstrike boards, as well.
Magic beats the blade every time...unless you are caught asleep or else-wise occupied.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby shy-design » Thursday March 7th, 2013 8:12pm

let us continue shall we....

*OwlFang has just left the Sloppy Ogre tavern and has decided to head south, as he is drawn in by the large fountain in the center of town.*

You make your way closer to the great fountain which seems to be located at the center of town. You take a closer look as see that this structure is more of a monument... to a once great, fierce warrior.. a Barbarian. There is no placard to be found to tell you his name but it is hard not to notice the great sword that is held firmly in the statue's hands, and the fact that it is made of a precious metal... gold perhaps. You decided not to risk being seen by climbing up to take a closer look and make for the nearest building continuing your tour about town.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » Thursday March 7th, 2013 8:29pm

The sign above this door reads "The Weary Traveler Inn". There is an image of a bed painted on the sign just below the lettering. It is obvious now that the sun has set and the prospect of a warm bed is more than inviting to you at this point... all this adventuring can make one weary from time time, perhaps a well deserved rest is just what you need. The door is unlocked and as you push it inwards you are immediately greeted not by a voice, but by a delicious aroma of cooked meat and freshly baked bread. A portly man stands behind a counter in the opposite corner of the room and bids you welcome. This must be the Innkeeper, the man the little girl told you about in the stable... her father.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby shy-design » Thursday March 7th, 2013 8:40pm

You take a few steps in towards the front desk. The man behind it finishes wiping an ale mug clean and gives you a welcome. He states that you look tired and what you need is a warm bed for the night. You give him no argument and ask his price.

*so in game...* sleeping in the inn is another way to recover lost Body points between quests. You pay one flat rate and stay as long as you want. You recover I BP for every turn spent in the bed.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Friday March 8th, 2013 8:04am

Amazing! I love that baking oven! I've posted this one on the blog as well, planned it for monday. Part one is live right now! ;)

I hope to see those roofs soon. They look amazing, you really have some great drawing talent! It reminds me of a certain 70's children's book illustration style... it looks very typical.

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Doomguard
Doomguard

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Friday March 8th, 2013 8:47am

That's really super good Shy. I hope to hell you get alot of gaming done with that setup. It's udderly amazing.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tiles